Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi it's been awhile since I have visited but I'm thinking of getting a new toy and wonder what you guys think about this one. Here is the craigslist ad. He wants 975 for it, 1050 if I want a spare set of maxxis razr mx tires with about 95% tread left and a set of nerfs. Thanks

"I have a 1996 yamaha banshee 350 twin up for sale. This add is back on here because I was holding it for someone but they never showed. It has pro taper bars, all newer plastics, six pack rack, gripper seat cover, works dual rate shocks with ressies, good full set of kenda tires, itp polished aluminum wheels all around, fmf gnarly pipes with powercore 2 silencers, trinity 2 in 1 carb setup, keihn pwk carb, porting, pro design cool head, 200 watt stator, billet impeller, barnett racing clutch with new hub and pressure plate, hinson clutch basket, vforce reeds, k&n airfilter, and new case halfs. Have title in hand.

Nice machine all it needs is a new crank and top end. Comes with a clymer manual. "

·
Old School but still Cool
2,843 Posts
Looks like a good deal if that is in fact all you need. You can find a crank easy enough and a top end is as common as fake tits in Hollywood.

·
Supporting Member
352 Posts
Looks to be a pretty good project to me, 1 + i see offhand is aftermarket front shocks.
For future reference I wouldn't post the sellers # up, someone could swoop these deals out from under your hands.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I realized about the number thing and took it off, lets hope that is all it needs. We will see, but I think I am going to pick it up this weekend. The drive isn't going to be fun though, but o well.

·
Premium Member
20,428 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a 36mm kehin pwk. I'm thinking of changing it back to duals when I get it because I am not favoring the single carb setup after reading through a few threads here about it. I tried talking him down a bit but he wouldn't budge, I will see when I get there.

·
Premium Member
20,428 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I am going for it, picking it up saturday so I should have another project on my hands, but this one will be fun and shouldnt take too long after I get all the parts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I got another question on this, anyone know what kind of jetting this thing is going to take, because I'm going to have to rejet. Keihin pwk 36mm fmf power core 2 silencers and gnarly pipes. Its got porting and cool heads. K&N air filter also. Thanks

·
Supporting Member
352 Posts
I wouldn't worry about dialing the carb in as of yet.

In my opinion with craigslist adds its always a good idea to negotiate face to face with the seller rather than try to knock them down over email because people do that shit all the time and they aren't really interested.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldn't worry about dialing the carb in as of yet.

In my opinion with craigslist adds its always a good idea to negotiate face to face with the seller rather than try to knock them down over email because people do that shit all the time and they aren't really interested.
True true, I don't even have the quad in my possession yet, I guess I'm trying to get the ball rolling on things that need to get done on it before I get it.

·
Supporting Member
881 Posts
True true, I don't even have the quad in my possession yet, I guess I'm trying to get the ball rolling on things that need to get done on it before I get it.
Disclaimer: I'm not a Banshee guy so there are folks here that probably know this better than I do. Hopefully they chime in too.

First, you won't know what you'll really end up needing for jetting until you get it together and light it off for the first time. But in the spirit of getting the ball rolling, here's a start. Banshee carbs come stock with a 25 pilot I think. Here at sea level, folks have been known to chase a proper tune on mild banshees by increasing/decreasing the mains again and again. Eventually, they find that bumping that pilot up to a 30 can sometimes allows for a better result. The mains usually end up about 300. That should at least be close enough to get it fired off so you can start reading plugs. Stock mains are 200-ish but once those intentionally restrictive pipes are removed it's a whole new new ball game. Depending on how built it is you may end up going 32.5 or 35 on the pilots and well into the high 300's on the mains. Start wherever you feel comfortable. If you've got the jets and time, you can start as high as you like.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you very much, I needed a starting place and really had no clue, I appreciate all the help I can get on this, I'm new to banshees besides my friend having one, but his dad wouldn't let us touch it to work on it.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
get the bike, get some pics, and then get the dual carbs it will be alot easier to help you out better then!

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
id buy that in a heartbeat. i wouldnt let that one slip away. why? because the motor is already apart and it's a complete bike, minus a good crank. the price is right and he could actually make more by parting it out.
buy it, built it the way you want. with the motor already down there is nothing for the seller to hide unlike buying one that runs, but is on it's last breath and you dont find out till your all geared up for a ride with your buds, and then "BOOM" and hour later.
the add ons are worth more than the askin price.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am going to do the work on it. I replaced the crank in my 400ex and put a different trans in my blaster so I'm fairly confident in myself. I also have most of the special tools I need from doing the blaster.
Yeah I priced the parts on it, if you were to buy them new, it would be quite expensive. I'll get some pics up Saturday or Sunday after I get it. If I would sell the single carb setup on ebay I might actually make money off that even after buying the dual carbs. Hopefully at least.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts