Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i recently just picked up a 2003 Rm125 as my first dirt bike , but my brother in law and his dad both say that the bike
is not nearly making as much power as it should, and even go to say it won’t hit powerband , i’ve tried to do as much research as i can , and all i’ve come up with is that the bikes pipe seems a bit big and does not line up with the bikes mounts , and also leaks a bit of sut out of the bolts on the exhaust. could it be the pipe is so clogged that it can be shorting out the power on the bike on top of being too big or if it might be a whole different technical problem . If anyone could chime in that would be great , i’ve tried so many places with no answers , and with a whole new pipe and exhaust system being so costly, i was hesitant, thank you
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

· Super Moderator
109 Posts
Unless the stinger is mostly clogged up by carbon deposits or there's a rats nest in the silencer then the problem is elsewhere. Try to find someone experienced with 2 strokes and take everything apart with him. But first test the crank seal on the left to see if it is leaking. Spray soapy water onto it after having taken out the spark plug and kick the engine over to see if bubbles are created there which would indicate a leak. Take the carb jets out and poke twist-tie metal (from a bread tie) thru them to clean them out. Make sure the reeds in the reed valve aren't frayed at the corners. Put a new plug into it. Throw out any old gasoline. Use good quality engine oil. Get a compression tester to see what the engine compression is now. If too low then replace the piston rings. First buy a gasket set for the engine so you can throw away the old gaskets. Clean and re-oil the air filter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts