Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im in the market for new carbs. Im tired of the stock ones being a pain in the ass allllll the time. Im looking at Keihin PWK 28mm or the 33mm PWK carbs. My mods at FMF Pipes, HJR porting, boost ports, cases port matched, milled stock head, stock stroke crank, bored 30 over with Wiseco and VForce 4 reeds. Clutch, lightened flywheel, Pro Design intake & filter. I mainly ride trails and go to the local MX track on occasion. Might drag race my buddies in a field every now and then. Thanks in advance for the help!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kinda what I was thinking. Need to order a billet intake still. Got the carbs about 3 weeks ago

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with the 28s. Just bought my billet intake with the built in crossover. Went on a vacation with my fiancé and I just had my plate & seven screws removed from my collarbone on the 18th. Kinda limited on what I can do at the moment lol

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
welp pics bro! pics

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
with the flywheel being lightened you shouldn't lose any bottom, If you don't like them, 30mm would be about the biggest I would go... def better then stockers

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
image.jpg Trying to figure out which jets I'll need. Just under 1,000ft sea level in ohio. Carbs came with 42 pilots, 148, 150, 152 mains

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what was taken out of my collarbone! 2nd time I've broke it and had to have it plated. image.jpg

·
Registered
258 Posts
I thought they just left that stuff in there. Pay to put it in then pay to take it back out. WTF?

Start rich and work your way down. Plug chop/plug read. Did you leak test after manifold install?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With me riding motocross alot my surgeon said it's best to have it removed so it doesn't cause issues down the road. Hope to do the intake and carb install later this week. I'm right handed and had surgery on my right shoulder so I'm still limited to what I can do

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So any idea on what jets I'll need? Don't wanna buy 5 of each and spend a ton if I don't have to

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got various size jets and the carbs syncd hooked up and ready but...absolutely cannot get the stock air box boots to fit over the back of the carbs. tried stretching them over a funnel, boiling water. Nothing works. About to light it on fire at this point with all the headaches its gave me so far this year. Sad thing is Ive only been able to ride it twice since May 2014.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I have used a tailpipe expander to stretch out intake boots. Don't give up. I have not been on our banshee in 2 years but we are gonna take it to oregon in august. I to have been doing alot of mx, thats why the quads have sat for so long.

·
Administrator
20,428 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ended up putting the stock intakes back on and Ive got the billet one piece intake for sale. This way I have plenty of clearance to use the stock air box which I need because 90% of my riding is trails. Bigger carb boots are on the way :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts