Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Supporting Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know I would not own it if it was not somewhat tricked, and cheap. lol...

Got a deal on a 97 KTM 50sx Jr (Morini "S5-T" Motor). The guy just did not have the time or knowledge to work on it. So I got a killer deal on it. Luckily I have had some time to do my research and know where to get all the parts for that it will need to be 100%.

All chromed chassis front to back and top to bottom. I have some sweet plans for this thing.
I already started getting it together. Should not be long.

Started with a bucket-o-parts. Got it down to a box. :thumbsup:

·
Supporting Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. It really is a cool little bike. I got most of the motor put in. Just waiting on some gaskets for the side cover and carb. Fixed all the little things on it already. Plus upgraded the chain, grips, and filter.

·
Registered
648 Posts
you know where to get a side cover for one of those? i got the same bike but a 2000 and need the clutch cover. it got cracked. and you know where to find clutch parts?

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
nice lookin frame on that thing. it didnt come chrome from the factory like that did it??
you gonna keep the motor stock on it? you know its gonna need to have some power, cause you'll be riding it too,lol!!

·
Supporting Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
you know where to get a side cover for one of those? i got the same bike but a 2000 and need the clutch cover. it got cracked. and you know where to find clutch parts?
Yes, first figure out what motor you have under Model Info, then look under parts.

Here is the link
www.morinifrancousa.com

nice lookin frame on that thing. it didnt come chrome from the factory like that did it??
you gonna keep the motor stock on it? you know its gonna need to have some power, cause you'll be riding it too,lol!!
Thanks man. The guy I got it from had it chromed. He was getting ready to paint it. Looks real nice in person. He was using it as a pit bike for him. He just did not know how to work on it, and low on funds. So he could not afford to get ti fixed. It had a heavy duty centrifugal springs in the clutch. I swapped out the lower RPM springs for the kid. Once he gets bigger, I might swap it back, and add some power to it. LOL...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
its nice i like the chrome but it would be a pain in dirt. i thought ktm was cutting edge. air cooling and drum brakes on a 97 is kinda weird

·
Supporting Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its nice i like the chrome but it would be a pain in dirt. i thought ktm was cutting edge. air cooling and drum brakes on a 97 is kinda weird
Chrome is easy, just wash it off. This is a Jr 50sx, not the Pro or Sr model. That was not really standerd until 01 and up unless you got a higher end model.

·
Registered
325 Posts
thats a kool looking bike, but that is a "Kick Ass" looking trailer in the back ground.

·
Supporting Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Got around to finishing it up. I ran into a few issues with the clutch, but I think I got it worked out. I will find out tomorrow. It is too loud to drive it around tonight. Still need to fab up a silencer.

Shitty celly pic, Better pics coming tomorrow.

·
Live to Ride-Ride to Live
3,139 Posts
Holy crap how did I miss this.....

Sweet little project dude, that will be one happy kid :thumbsup:

·
Supporting Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the props guys. I have another pipe for it, but it has plenty of power for him to learn on as is. By the time he gets this down, I will be selling it for something bigger. I know I will make WAY more than what I have in it. I love finding deals that are DIY.

·
Registered
649 Posts
aaawww its so wittle! lol i like the gold chain and the chrome. nice job!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts