Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i ride out here in hawaii and the trails here are super i mean super tight moutain trails, quads wont even fit so you know... i wedged my bansheee motor in my crf450 dirtbike frame. works but needs more torque, all hop ups are for topend not low end? it has trintiy pipes, 2into 1 carb, stock bore and pistons. any help on this would be appreciated, as i couldnt go the easy way with a flywheel weight (couldnt find one?)

·
Registered
871 Posts
ok first off welcome to the site if you new and second we need pics first lol this thing sounds crazy dude i have to see it lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
well to increase bottom end you should advance the timing (adjustable timing plate) and up the compression a little with either smaller size domes (for a cool head) or milling the stock head. these are the two simplest ways of increasing bottom end power. you could also try some different pipes like pro circuits , PT mid's or even some FMF gnarly's.

hope this helps! oh yeah, i wanna see pics of this monster too!ha

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
pics please with some shots of the landscape!!! always wanted to see hawaii

·
Old School but still Cool
2,843 Posts
For more pulling power advance the timing, buy an 11 tooth front sprocket or at the very least a 12 tooth, Pro Circuit pipes are incredible for low end power ( I love mine for trails)

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
best bet would likely be fmf fatty pipes ,a conservative low duration trail portjob ,4 degrees timing advance and lots of static compression around 180 pounds if possible ..a KN air filter and Nology igntion kit will help as well ,thin carbon reeds.. the list is endless .dont settle for lowend bogs and waiting forever for the power to come on the pipes ..with the right lowend setup all hesatation can be removed and it will literaly jump/leap forward every time you wick the throttle off idle

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
776 Posts
i hate to say it but id put the 450 motor back in if you want low end.

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,613 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
it is true that a 4 poke would probly be best for tight technical stuff but SCREW IT!!! I NEED TO SEE THIS BEAST!!!
I think it's a great project makin something like that work with what you want it to. I say you stick through it and figure out a way to get more bottom cuz I doubt a 450 motor is as fun as a shee motor in a dirtbike :D

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,613 Posts
PICS MAN. then put the 450 motor back in. LOL

·
Supporting Member
845 Posts
It will be cheaper to go with a 4poke for lowend power. They are made for it. Same as making a trial banshee. It can get very costly.

Gearing is a cheap easy fix for some lowend power. Go low in the front, high in the back. A +4 timing plate, and some Pro Circuit's pipes. (not sure how you would do aftermarket pipes on a bike). Might have to make it yourself.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ill put pics in over the weekend, i broke my phone with the old ones in it, you can see it at 3wheelerworld.com under the bikersville forum. The banshee motor was a HUGE welders nightmare going in the 450 frame, but it does work on tight trails and keeps my clutch hand in shape as well! theres no room for a cool head w domes so i guess that mod is out. on dirt roads it will give my kx500 fits

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Id like to see pictures and videos of this bike :)

I've ridden a honda 450 dirtbike and it had tons of power down low and it was stock. But doing something different like that is pretty neat.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
i tried that forums and i came up with 0 pics...post a link or post pics c'mon

1 - 20 of 98 Posts