Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new the the site.
I'm looking to see what my R is worth reasonably! It's an '88 on an '86 frame, cr250 ignition upgrade, 35mm air striker carb, 400ex shocks, new meijer plastics, new (1yr ago) itp rims and hole shot tires, not sure of the pipe, silencer is FMF not sure which style. Other than that its all stock as far as I'm aware. I haven't opened up the motor at all. It has good pressure 170psi. Previous owner said he rebuilt the top end and was at the end of the first tank of gas. I started going through and replacing warn and cosmetic pieces as it was not much to look at when I bought it I was going to completely go though it and restore it the way I wanted it and never get rid of it but I now have no place or time to ride it so it's time to go. What would you all say would be a good price to start at knowing 7 out of 10 people looking at it will try an low ball? A couple pics to help! The one with the red plastics was just after I bought it and put new rims and tires on. The second is as it sits today! I'm thinking from others in my are Michigan about starting at $4,800! To high or low? I'm thinking it will probably go for around $4,200!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks Rog

20140310_155527.jpg 20150621_105352.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine: PEP ZPS front shocks PEP rebuild on rear, LSR +2+2 front end, LSR chrome swingarm,LSR +1+1 steering stem, PEP steering stabilizer, LRD pipe, CGR 300cc cylinder,Shamrock beadlocks on rear.
$3500+ in goodies and didn't get 1 bite at $3000. I'm doing a complete rebuild as we speak.
I agree, start at 4200 and see what happens.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Tho I'm not crazy about the green, it does look clean.
I can't say I've looked at prices in DEEtroit metro lately, but I'd say you might get 3500 if lucky.
Start at $4200 and see what happens. Everyone wants to Jew a seller down so they think they got a great deal.
As lt80 mentioned, you can sink an assload of $$$ in it and not get it back out, that's the nature of this hobby.

If I can ask what do you have in it?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I do hope you get what your asking. My opinion, your price is high. A stock engine, will keep the value flat. Your bike with no extra's (Stock) could get $2000-$2500. The little bit of stuff you have, with the right person $3000. Just look at what (LT80) posted. He has a little motor work, with some really nice aftermarket accessories. If you don't need the money, just sit on your asking price. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts