Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have the sheet from SCR (Suzuki Country Racing) located in Norco. It says the bike is a Stage 4 530cc, recommended fuel 95 or higher, octane booster okay mixing 3oz per gal of pump gas, 32:1, plug a B9EGV and run the air box lid in very dusty conditions. The paper this info is on looks pretty old and I could not locate SCR in the yellow pages so I'm assuming they went out of business. I'm going to consult with a few local shops that build the HC motor's.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Today I went out and cleaned up the bike a little. I put a new gold chain on it as the o-ring chain was rusted and dried up o-rings. The rotor's had surface rust. I sprayed the motor and frame with WD-40 and wiped off all the dirt and grim along with the ITP's now they have a little more shine. I did notice with the bike running that a few tiny bubbles were coming from the base gasket just under the intake port. I re-torqued the cylinder nuts and it stopped. But I don't like the fact that it leaked and will be ordering a new factory base and head gasket tomorrow. The carb needs a cleaning even though it starts easy but running it around the neighborhood it sputters a little then picks up. But it will be running like a raped ape soon.

·
Registered
258 Posts
SCR was one of the best back in the day. Don't run pump fuel if you like your bike. It will hammer the bottom end into a unrepairable shape. If you think 110 gas is expensive then price a crank, main inserts and bearings. Please for the love of zillas run race fuel. Thats a sick bike and whoever traded a $800 dirtbike for it was nuts. lol Good find man, you now own a legend. Take good care of it.

Oh and you can unlock the rest of the hp in it with a Q pipe and carb.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I will be running the good gas. I did take the airbox and tubing out and the filter was dirty. I removed the carb and it was in better shape that I thought it would be. I removed the reed cage and two of the reeds are chipped and cracked hence the shitty power while riding it. The pipe was also removed and cleaned up and looking into both the intake and exhaust ports I didn't see any signs of damage and minimal porting to the intake. I'm going to put new reeds in it and it should be better. But it's cleaning up real nice and nothing is broken or mickey moused like some bikes I've seen it's age.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts