Everything2Stroke Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Well tried pull starting Thursday night never would fire and stay running. This is the result of trying to pull start the bike.

Broken motor mounts both sides lower mounts, sheared fly wheel key, fly wheel spun the retainer nut off and slammed into the stator cover breaking it.

So this totally sucks I clearly have a timing issue whether its stator pickup coil or cdi I don't know haven't tested them yet I was to pissed about all the damage of trying to pull start this bitch!

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I know why because I let the scamming thieving lying POS Matt Hatfield put his grimmy no good hands on it!!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I called him a year ago to do some work on one of my engines and he picked up the phone on the 2nd or 3rd ring, around the same time i heard from other custormers that he wasn't answering the phone and had their parts and money. What did you have done by him buckeye? and did you get the parts back that you gave him? I never did send mine out I had a local guy resleeve my cylinder and installed all the bottom end parts brg.s, seals, rod. And I had really good luck with him, hes done a lot of two stroke work over the years, less and less as the 450s and 700s become more popular but he was reasonable on a complete rebuild and a few update modifys, like the bigger headstuds and using the aluminum thrust washers.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
He did nothing I paid him for, I sent him my cylinder head and carb. Cylinder was to get an aggressive but still reliable port job mid to high rpms a fresh bore, head was to get cut for o rings and squish corrected and carb was to be bored to 41.5mm. My cylinder was on the stock 86mm bore when I sent it he bored it to 87.5 for no reason other than he had an 87.5mm piston on hand, so basically wasted two bores on my cylinder. He did a touch up port job basically just taking the overspray off the intake. Bored the carb incorrectly and only 1mm and left all the metal shavings in the jets and slide. Sent me someone else's cylinder head, this was after 3 months on a quoted 30 day turn around and I was told my stuff was done after 2 months and paid then didn't get it for another month. It then took another month for my cylinder head to be sent back instead of the wrong one I got. And after him having my cylinder head for 4 months he didn't even touch it. Refused to refund me my money I also paid him for a 99 rm wrist pin bearing and billet thrust washers neither of which was ever sent. So after 4 months and $450 I basically got a cylinder with a touch up job on the intake two wasted bores and a carb full of metal shavings. The transaction is in dispute right now with my bank.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Reason for the broken mounts was I had both large spacers on the bottom and the smaller spacers on the top. Couple that with the timing issue making the motor jump is what caused it. Had I mounted them right they probably wouldn't have broke. Gonna have some carbon fiber mounts made along with a carbon fiber stator cover.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Pictures of my airbox mounted and my airbox eliminator bracket I made.

Airbox

Airbox eliminator

Finally got the photobucket app to work!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Credit for the welding goes to my dads fab guy who is working on a carbon fiber stator cover for me and a carbon fiber hood. The airbox and airbox eliminator I can have done in aluminum or carbon fiber if anyone is interested in one.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I want one, thats awesome buckeye. Is the OD opening the same as the stock filter? Just wondering cuz I don't like to run the K&N style filter, nervous about sucking sand? How much with shipping?

·
Registered
330 Posts
BTW....did mhr dissapear then or is he still trying to scam the riding community?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Both of the filter flanges are 4"od cause my k&n has a 4"id. I can change the filter flange diameter to whatever size you'd like I used the same od of the stock boot that runs from the airbox to the carb. And yes last i heard MHR is posting Craigslist adds still scamming away.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Id like to use the stock air boot as well, whatever you have made already is just fine, I see UNI sells 4'' ID x 6 " long foam 2 stage filters. How much you want for one plus shipping? Where is MHR located?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I want the eliminator, unless you can cut one that I can mount into a stock airbox.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
It's on the lean side and hangs a little after reving but I'm gonna be tuning it tonight or tomorrow night and getting the idle right.

61 - 80 of 116 Posts