Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started with a ragged out 88 Zilla for $1500 had new tires and itp rims all the way around $600 worth. Did a complete frame off resto powder coated frame, a arms, sub frame, footpegs and rims black; hubs are yellow with springs yellow fenders yellow and hood will be black and seat will be a custom black and yellow pattern. Polished stator cover plan on polishing clutch cover too engine will be painted black and head will either be polished or painted yellow. Currently I'm waiting on all my chassis bearings and tie rods and spec bolt bolt kit and of course FM Keller I believe is his name on here, his camber spacer kit. I have a Q v1 pipe going on it and Matt Hatfield Racing has my cylinder, head and stock mikuni carb. Cylinder is getting an aggressive but reliable (drag/trail mix) port and fresh bore, head is being machined and cut for o rings and carb is getting bored to 41.5mm. Going with banshee front shocks until I can have my stock ones rebuilt or can afford a set of works or Elkas or depending on if I get custom a arms in the future may run a yfz 450 shock. Rear swing arm I'm still undecided on if I want to stretch the stock one or not I plan on getting a custom +3 or +4 in the future so may just leave it stock for now. I have a Hinson clutch basket going in with 85-86 lt250 springs and will be putting in a 9 plate Barnett Kevlar clutch, the clutch won't be right away as the fibers and steals I took out had a lot of life left on them and ill be replacing the clutch hub when I do the Barnett. Will be ordering v3 reed cage and reeds soon and plan on running a terry cable dual gasser throttle. Gearing right now will be 14-42 will play with this once I get everything broken in and tuned to find out if I like it or not.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's some powder coat shots and parts

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a rendering of what it should look like completed minus the front bumper on mine will be whats pictured above and the seat will resemble the seat pictured.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like I won't be getting my ball joints this weekend so the before and after pics I'm gonna post will have to wait. I'll post them here and over at SQHQ. And it's a pretty awesome fix for the camber mod.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Matt Hatfield Racing has my cylinder, head and stock mikuni carb. Cylinder is getting an aggressive but reliable (drag/trail mix) port and fresh bore, head is being machined and cut for o rings and carb is getting bored to 41.5mm.
So could you PM me the final tally on how much that costs? I'd like to send my things off to him and have the exact same work done.

If you don't PM me and just reply to this thread I may not get the notification. Thanks!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't ask I imagine straight bored. Ill shoot Matt an email and see. Which one is better? I thought according to Jerry it didn't make a difference either way from what I've read.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reassembly has begun. Front end is coming together. Hoping to have a roller by Monday but polishing the swinger may take longer than I'm anticipating.

Ok not letting me upload a photo for some reason.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts