Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Honey Badger
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes thats right I added another to the collection lol. I did get rid of my 77 YZ80 parts bike and $200 cash for it. It runs, has a title, and is complete. I will post pics later tonight.

·
Honey Badger
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will get them up when I get home from work. My computer kept kicking me off the net last night when I was trying to upload them, I got pissed and said to hell with it last night lol.

·
Honey Badger
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have taken pics of the 77, it was pretty trashed. It had no spark and about 90psi of compression. It was way more of a project then I wanted to mess with right now lol.
And yes your right the air coolers are cooler but the first year YZ's with the radiator behind the plate is pretty neat.

·
Honey Badger
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some pics. The new seat cover is just resting on there right now and the red coolant hoses are being replaced with black ones.

·
Super Moderator
20,430 Posts
I want this one if you ever get rid of it! :2:
Yet another great deal on another classic, Looks great dude! Did you take it for a spin?

·
Old School but still Cool
2,848 Posts
Those things were fast in their day. The forks could be troublesome, but nothing that can't be fixed. I think an '84 front end bolts on if you use the triple clamps from the 84 and the t clamp pin transferred from the 82. Supposedly the fix for those.

·
Honey Badger
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Went to DMV today to put it in my name and get a current sticker for it. Waited an hour just for them to charge me a $126 dollars to register and transfer it into my name. But get this they won't complete the transfer or give me a sticker until I get a bill of sale from the guy I got it from. What kind of shit is that? I had a title signed and dated so I don't get that at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts