Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have have a trinity motor. Does anyone else know of someone who makes a good powervalve motor.

I don't know much about powervalves but I know it must make good power for the motor because my sled still has a powervalve as a 03 model. Anyone have a good idea what the powervalves job is.

Thanks

·
Banned
0 Posts
a powervalve is nothing more than an adjustable exhaust valve. as you open up the throttle the powervalve opens up also. by the exhaust port being adjusted you get better power across teh entire rpm range. this is why LT250Rs run so good. smoother power transition through rpm increase. scott can probably explain it better than me. it's hard to explain but in my head i can see it work. somewhere between my brain and my fingers it gets lost. hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah 370banshee is right. Don't worry about loosing it before it get's to your fingers buddy, that was a good explanation. On top of what 370banshee said they control the exhaust resanents(paulses) to help produce more power through out the "power band". I am a polaris mech. and there are a few things u have to look, higher maintance. the bigest problem i see is dirty valves, covered in stickey oil, synthetic oils help alot in this area. but all in all they are a great thing to have and a deff. advantage over the next guy.

·
Banned
0 Posts
thanks i'm glad somebody understood all that babble. oh yeah a polaris tech huh?? i've got a quesation for you. how do you get trhe final drive pulley off the crank and a 97 400l xpress?? i don't need to know to get the job doe anymore but now i just wonder

·
Banned
733 Posts
370banshee said:
thanks i'm glad somebody understood all that babble. oh yeah a polaris tech huh?? i've got a quesation for you. how do you get trhe final drive pulley off the crank and a 97 400l xpress?? i don't need to know to get the job doe anymore but now i just wonder
hey 370banshee i'll show you how to get the final drive pully off next time i come over... just remind me to bring my sawzall. and i'll take care of it. you just won't be able to ever use it again, but it'll be off!!!! J/K

·
Registered
266 Posts
Do i sence a bit of dought there ***? lol. well if i am reading your question right i think u are talking about the primary/drive clutch. there is a puller you would have needed to get it off of the crank(a polaris clutch puller) that clutch is a press fit onto the crank. if you still have the clutch look inside the whole u took the long bolt and washers out of. it is threaded about half way through the clutch. the puller is nothing more then a largr "bolt" that presses against the crank and pushes/pulls the clutch off.

·
Banned
0 Posts
this pulley looks like it has a round nut on the crank holding it on. i could be wrong but the outside of the crank is threaded. maybe i'm just looking at it wierd

·
Registered
266 Posts
ok i think i got u? is this nut on the right hand side of the bike, if u are sitting on it?

·
Banned
0 Posts
no its on the left side of the bike. the same side with the fianl drive pulley. ah hell i'll take a pic and post it. that way everybody will see that i'm not crazy

·
Registered
266 Posts
ok let me know when you do. i would like to know what you are talking about to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts