Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a HELL of an oppurtunity on a 92 ktm i guess 125sx? but the owner says he cant find parts for it. anybody know where to find engine parts? ie a piston. could i possible get a newer (ie 2000) piston to fit in the cylinder and agree with the rod?

·
Banned
535 Posts
ehh ktm...... parts are expensive.. you could go to a shop and get the parts but they would have to order them, and ktm's live up to there name "Keep Throwing Money, there fragal bikes lol

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
wiseco makes pistons for that model go on the site and check it out
try ebay?
i found gaskets on there

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
HY not to burst your bubble or anything man, but as it goes for motors KTM's are known to have the most powerful motors, stock vs. stock. its their suspension they are known to have way too stiff

·
Old School but still Cool
2,843 Posts
Watch out if you plan on MX.......a friend of mine switched to honda after he destroyed two of the bikes at a race:

Snapped that bike in three places trying to keep up with the pack. Great woods bikes but if you are racing competitively stick to a japanese bike like Honda or Yamaha. You can still break the frames on anything but it takes more than a triple to do it.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
He was probably riding a 520 MXC...

First off... Everybody and their brother that rides woods seems to own a KTM.

Next, when I owned a Jap. bike my parts would have to be ordered too. KTM parts are not vastly different $$$ wise than a jap bike. Heck, when I ran a Husaberg my parts were easy to get and were not that pricey. My Husky parts are super simple to get and are not pricey...

KTM's excel in the woods. Pick any euro bike, Husky, GAS GAS, KTM, TM, Husaberg, and they are woods bikes. The motors are great, but the suspenders are not made for SX type riding; hence they went to a linkage suspension on the 350F. I know quite a lot of riders that have pumpkins and they are stone reliable...

That being said, you are looking at a '92. I think they came w/ an SEM stator (SEM=JUNK)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i doubt im going to get it now the few websites offering specifications for it say it only came with 11 hp stock. that mixed with the fact of no aftermarket and having to hunt for parts makes it a no-no for me.

·
Old School but still Cool
2,843 Posts
That ain't the first Katoomer I have seen in a sad state. Look, as been posted, they are great woods bikes for weekend warrior stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ktm's make more power and are more reliable than the jap bikes. However they own the offroad market and put little r&d into motoc ross. In Europe everyhthing is offroad racing. If you ride offroad it is a no brainer if you ride motocross you should buy a jap bike.

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
KTM smokers really didn't come into their own until the 2000's.
Back in the 90's they were known for bad suspension and notchy shifting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts