Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
i'm not from michigan but i'm from NW. indiana.. i ride up in silver lake a couple times a year.. where in MI are you from... i'm about 40 mins south of new buffalo, MI near valparaiso, IN

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm from Alpena. Usually ride at Black Mountain (Cheboygan), Hillman area, Bull Gap, or just around here. I would love to get to Silver Lake sometime.

·
Banned
4,951 Posts
Bull gap has an awesome trail system, I know were taking paddles next time for the hill. My friend has a cabin in rose city, he knows those trails like the back of his hands. It makes it alot easier when your not looking at the map every 10 minutes.

·
Bent Wrench Racing
173 Posts
I lived in Michigan for 26 yrs. I rode at the Mounds down near Flint, Silver Lake Dunes, Plainwell area (family owned property), Gaylord on almost all of the pipeline trails, the bombing range near Grayling, all of the snowmobile trails in the tip of the mit, snowmobile trails around Marquette, Shingleton, Seney, Germfask.
I have ridden the rail road tracks from Gaylord up to Indian River and then West towards Petosky and then back around to Wolverine. I have to say that runnin the piplines was the best trail ridin that I've done. Once in awhile you get a good run for your money with the DNR or even the gas company trucks but if you have the skills then you should have no problems gettin out of dodge.

I loved Michigan and would move back in a heartbeat if Gaylord or Kalamazoo had some promising work move into the area.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bull gap is fun just small, silverlake is sweet, but my quad is set up for tight trail. my favorite place to ride is up in kalkaska. Its nice tight trails with plenty of great senery while flying thru the trees!

·
Bent Wrench Racing
173 Posts
Missouri is a huge difference! I do think that 2-3 times more people ride down here. There are several different tracks in the area I'm at but haven't had the balls to try one yet. I'll probably ride with a co-worker this weekend. I haven't ridden much but nothing compairs to the early mornings in Gaylord whether it's on quad or sled.

·
Bent Wrench Racing
173 Posts
Bull gap is o.k. I think it's alot of fun on the holidays when you know silvers to crowded. I liked riding there.

My buddies still wander over just not with their quads/bikes anymore. They spend their money on mud trucks now.

·
Registered
964 Posts
im from dundee also run bull gap and the medows trails the parent have a cabon on clear lake where we stay still wonting to hit silver lake so i think this year im in for the spring run

·
Crank 2 Crank
700 Posts
Jackson MI here...i race log road, dutch, redbud, and Onsted. While i have herd alot about Silver Lake and Bull Gap...i stick to the track. I'd like to make a trail trip though...what you guys think of higgins lake area? I like the trails around there (or so i'm told they are nice) and that may be a good area for us to meet up. Or of course silver lake. But we definately need to make a trip before i go up the Sault St. Marie for college.

·
Registered
964 Posts
higgins lake never heard of it if not to fare a day trip sounds good to me if im not working that day

1 - 20 of 142 Posts