Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else has had dealings with him. But for a while he was super easy and pleasant to deal with.

I bought a quadracer/500 hybrid and a tri-z250 from him. He lives in Kentucky and i live in New York, he hand delivered them to me for a 400 dollar charge. Which i was fine to pay. So 1 good deal. My fathers honda recon needed a top end rebuild, sent him the top end and and money got my stuff back in weeks.

Now when he first dropped off the two machines, i gave him 3 quadracer motors, 2 bottom ends were together and complete, one was in a basket case box. Two good usable top ends.

The deal was build me one out of the 3 motors, he could keep the spare parts and cases ect as parts. So he held on to those parts until i was ready to have them done, (due to being in an accident and not being able to work for 11 months)

Anyways a few months ago i decided i was ready to pay him for the parts the one motor needed, ( rings,piston,gaskets,main bearings and seals.) I used facebook to do all our dealings and still have messages. Anyways he was kind of hard to reach, but the second i was supposed to send money he was on for 3 days straight until i sent a payment. The second i send a payment i didn't hear from him for about a month. ( He told me it would take 1 month to get my motor done.) So he tells me hes sorry its not done and sorry for the lack of communication because he can only be at one place at a time. Either online or rebuilding motors. Makes sense he is a one man team after all.

So another month goes by no contact, i call and leave voice mails. Never hearing back from him. After a while i leave a nasty comment on his MHR page on facebook, his wife comes on and calls me a liar saying there are no records of me calling and leaving voice mails. Yet my smart phone shows i called everyday for at least one month straight.

So Matt gets on and tells me he doesn't need drama on his page and blah blah. So we talk things end on good terms. After again not being able to reach him i left yet another comment on his facebook page.

This time he doesn't contact me, other members on facebook contact me they all have parts/motors/money with him and cannot reach him. So i joined another website ( suzukiquadracerhq.com) turns out even people on there are having issues.

So i leave one more comment saying contact me before things go south. Within a few days he contact me. I tell him i have spoken with police and everything. I either want my motors back with my money, or my finished product like we agreed on. He told me not to threaten him and he will get me my motors.

So a few days go by and another member writes me a story that i found to be crazy. But its true, i will not share here.

Anyways i told Matt i need proof he still has my motors and parts. I need pictures, he works where he lives. He said he needed 3-4 days. Which would of been last Friday July 19th. Still no contact, Still no pictures.

So i ask other members on the other forum, someone has been in contact with him and said he had wisdom teeth pulled so he didn't get anything shipped.

Here is the issue, people are defending him still, Even people he has lied to 2-5 times about shipping dates and never shipping items out. I know of 16 people who have had parts with him who were all promised shipping dates and never received anything.

So if anyone is thinking about sending this guy money or parts, please think other wise. I would suggest going to (suzukiquadracerhq.com and searching MHR there are a few threads)

So all in all, i have 3 motors there. 200 dollars i sent him for parts. No contact once so ever. Also he threatens to sue any one for slander if they write bad reviews.

So the second he says im just slandering his name i will post every conversation I've had with him to prove its just facts.

Again this is not to just rant, but hopefully save others from headaches.

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
Slander for being an imcompitent business man? Geeez!! Thanks for making us aware and hope you get your money and all those motors back!

. | . | .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well that sucks. he is a member here, maybe he will respond.
He wont respond. He wont even give people calls back after leaving voice mails. I know of 4 people who contacted his local sheriff now. The local sheriff is aware of whats going on kind of. When everyone else gets fed up and gives him a call, he will see the scale of this problem is much bigger than 3-4 guys waiting for parts or motors. Its more than that i can promise everyone that.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Wow this is a shame. I was thinking about sending him a zilla top end. I had only heard positive things. This happens way to often. I am a member of a car forum and a guy on there turned "builder" and eventually ripped people off for thousands! How do these people sleep?? I would be scared to death someone would find me and give me what I deserve.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Its sad to hear but he will get what he deserves one of these days.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So turns out hes staying on contact with certain people. I guess people he can actually get their parts back to.

Because he hasn't even gotten me the picture of my parts like he promised he would do last Friday. I am thinking he sold my motors/parts because he ran an ATV salvage. So i am now having an meeting with a New York police detective Monday. Time to stop playing games.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I hope you get your stuff back. I been waiting a year for mine and nothing yet. when I made a stink about it on his site I was told I could leave the site. I've got some interesting messages saved from him or his bitch whoever the hell it was, showing just what kind of people they really are. at this point i'm just going to consider it a total loss and move on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please please please, do not just walk away from stuff he owes you. Contact his local Sheriff, he sheriff has already been out to his place once. If you walk away from this, he will think he can get away with it. If everyone contacts his local Sheriff and he sees its bigger than 1-3 guys missing parts, he may go back out there and talk to him.

I am well aware of what kind of person Matt is now. I have seen private messages he has sent other people. Threatening to sue them for slander. Lying about parts being shipped. Even lying about moving and he can't ship anything because he needs to unpack. Its been confirmed hes still living in the same place.

Please, press the matter and make him own up to his wrong doings.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, he sent me pictures of 3 motors. One was mine, the other two were not. You want proof as to how much of a POS he is? Here you go.

2:48am
James Brooks
Ok the other parts?
Also, the two cottom ends that weren't in pieces were not split and missing bearings and everything else...

2:51am
Matt Hatfield
i have some pics of what i split it don't look just like it was
i have stuff put up i need to get out

2:52am
James Brooks
Also the one case i gave you had polished clutch cover
i dont see it
That cylinder head is also missing studs..

Matt Hatfield
i don't have a polished cover

James Brooks
Mat, i got pictures of everything i sent you
even the reed cages
and everything

2:53am
Matt Hatfield
just give me shipping and i will send this junk back
they are there

2:53am
James Brooks
I wont be accepting basket cases in totes....I am not mechanically inclined to tell what is missing in the motor
Yet you don't have the polished clutch cover to the one motor..

2:54am
Matt Hatfield
it was a basket case when i got it all

James Brooks
No you split the bottoms ends
I didn;t send you split bottom ends
only one was split

Matt Hatfield
please just come and pick it all up

James Brooks
RIGHT? You want me to drive from New York to pick my stuff up?
You didnt get me pictures of the brand new piston and rings and bearings and seals and gaskets i paid for?

2:55am
Matt Hatfield
james when i go through all this stuff i will, you have no clue what im dealing with right now
man i got to go to bed

2:56am
James Brooks
Dude, listen. I paid you back in March, you said it would take one month. That was before your whole divorce thing.

2:57am
Matt Hatfield
dude listen, i waited on you forever to send me money. it seems as if you like drama

2:57am
James Brooks
No i have messages, i asked you if the motors were in the way, you told me no. So you didnt mind holding on to them
Do not turn this around

2:58am
Matt Hatfield
ok i will charge storage
i will back date a bill and send it to you

2:58am
James Brooks
Yeah except i have proof you said you didn;t mind holding on to them
Matt do you want this to go to court?
You took the motors from my house in new york
You will be mandated to be in nys court law
I have already talked to the people i need to make this happen

2:59am
Matt Hatfield
i didn't take anything

James Brooks
I have video Matt, want to see it?
8 camera
2 in the drive way
with audio
Want to do this?

Matt Hatfield
like i say i am making a bill for storage

3:00am
James Brooks
Alright and i am going to the police with all these messages
You want to be shady business man?

Matt Hatfield
ok send it to me

James Brooks
Alright, we will do this your way.

3:01am
Matt Hatfield
im just not done with it, is that a crime?

3:02am
James Brooks
You are making up lies
I have proof you told me you didnt mind holding onto the motors
Now you want to charge me storage

3:02am
Matt Hatfield
you told me you paid me a few times i never seen the money

3:03am
James Brooks
Now you are saying i never sent 200?
Original Transaction Date Type Status Details Amount Mar 26, 2013 Payment To MHR Completed ... -$200.00 US
I kept every text. every e-mail. Every facebook conversation. You sure you want to do this Matt?

After i showed him i had proof i paid he stopped responding. This guy is a real piece of work. You guys really want to send him parts. Go for it.

But he sent me pictures of 3 motors. 1 was mine. They were all taken apart. Rusty. Missing parts.

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Wow what a piece of crap. Post every thing you have in this thread and I encourage everyone else to do so as well. This thread should be a warning to all that may be considering him to do any work.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hes a compulsive liar. He knew the second i said those weren't my parts he was in shit. I have pictures of every last thing i sent him. Even proof i sent a payment, Even videos of him in my drive way.

I have messages of me asking him if he wanted the motors out of his shop. Because they sat in his shop for quite a while because i was in an atv accident and couldn't work for almost 11 months.
He told me the motors weren't in the way and don't worry about it. Because obviously he was stripping them for the good parts and selling them.

The pictures he sent me were of torn down motors...every hole has rust in it. My motors were complete and oiled. Even the motor i sent to him in pieces were wrapped in wax paper with wd40 sprayed on all the parts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is what he sent me. Again, i sent 2 complete bottom ends. They weren't all rusty and messed up. Even the the motor i send him in pieces the parts were wrapped in wax paper with wd40

Now this next picture is mine. The motor wasn't torn all apart in pieces the cylinder wasn't missing studs.

He also never sent me pictures of the brand new parts i paid for. I'm sorry but hes trying to send me junk that isn't mine. I wonder who it really belongs to.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sorry to hear about the BS you and others are putting up with.I do commend you on being smart keeping all the documentation and video,etc...Goes to show you no matter how good a guy sounds ya just never know.I,ve got a great local builder here in Ontario Canada but have to admit if I did send parts out I,d have been trusting and never thought to be organized like yourself.Very interested to hear how this plays out.This type of stuff is bad enough,when they keep feeding ya $hit it can make ya crazy.Ran into this same BS from a guy in Wisc who tried to screw me over on a set of snowmobile pipes.Keep at him with the legal angle.I,m willing to bet his attitude is gonna change in a hurry.Hopefully he,s not so far gone he files for bankruptsy or it will get real ugly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, this is more to stop others from losing money or parts. Its our responsibility to make reviews like this. You guys are a part of my brotherhood with atv,bikes,atcs whatever it may be. I don't want to see someone get screwed over for trying to enjoy a hobby/sport.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
unfortunately it happens too often, all a guy can do is play the CYA game and post about the scammers that rip people off.
good luck with your issue and thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It looks like he gave you someone elses stuff because the scuff marks and paint chippings don't even match. I can't believe someone can sleep at night after screwing a bunch of people over, it makes me sick. Like menace said good luck and thanks for the heads up.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts