Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
THE LOCAL 2 -SMOKE GUY
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay this might sound wierd on a 2-stroke site but

does anyone own a ltr450 around are u happy with the power and what hop ups are u running i heard they are pretty fast bikes

i was on my pops yfz with a bill balance slip on with a QS2 bowl and uni filter

and this ltr show up with this the sparky out with a cherry bomb system he smokes me and a 377 stroker banshee with out frame pipes with a override or overdrive tranny or something like that that banshee got smokes aswill

it was the ltr then the banshee then me racing and ending up at the end of the dragstrip in that order

·
Administrator
20,428 Posts

·
THE LOCAL 2 -SMOKE GUY
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will the banshee was getting it and it beat the ltr about 3 times and the ltr beat it about 2 times it wa who ever hit the gear first

when i raced the banshee i was like two links behind it the whole way on my dads yfz

and the ltr was about 2 and a half links ahead from me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well gentlemen, I just so happen to be the very very proud owner of a heavily modified 06 ltr450(now a 559cc torque monster) and a 1987 suzuki Lt500r! And let me tell you that a properly built Ltr450 will pretty well smoke any other naturally aspirated 450cc atv! Mine had approximately 20 000.00$ Canadian invested in the engine which is a lot of money I know, but believe me it was worth every penny! As for the weak transmission I have heard many people talk about the shifter mod but keep in mind that my Ltr450 is over 14 years old and I still haven’t had to do a damn thing to the transmission! However having said that the 06-07 Ltr450 have been notorious for having issues with their shift pin inside the case hence why there are so many companies that make a shift pin relocation kit for the Ltr450 and it can be had for around 50-75$! As for the 08-09 Ltr450 they both had a shitty/weak 3rd gear and the only real solution that I can see is if you upgrade to the atp billet gears! So my advice to anyone who is going to buy an Ltr450 is if you decide to go and buy an 06/07 model than I would most definitely buy a shift pin relocation kit and if I were going to buy an 08/09 I would definitely buy a billet 3rd gear. So having said all of that I wouldn’t trade my 559cc big bore /stroker ltr for the world! I haven’t been able to have it dyno tuned since I just had 3000.00$ worth of head work done to it but when I finally get it dyno tuned here sometime in the next month or two I fully expect it to make 65-73hp. And my Ltr450 was making 57 hp this time last year when I had it dyno tuned at thug cycle in Sussex New Brunswick. Since its last dyno tuning session it had received a 104mm big bore kit(which increases displacement from 450cc’s all the way up to 535cc’s. Which is a far cry from the ice cube 100.5mm big bore cylinder kit that I had on the bike the last time it was dyno tuned) also, it had just recently received 3000.00$ in head work (+2mm valves and a full blown race port and polish job) as well as it has received the nastiest set of megacycle cams that money could buy( which is also a huge improvement from the hot cams camshafts that I had on my Ltr450 the last time that it was in to be dyno tuned). And the cherry on top of this absolute monster of a machine in the 50mm throttle body that I am having made for it right now. Oh and also a kms intake to top off all of the modifications since the last time that it was dyno’d! So I feel very very comfortable when I say that I would be absolutely shocked if my ltr559 doesn’t make at least 70hp! And I haven’t had my ltr out alongside of my 1987 suzuki quadzilla Lt500r but I fully expect it to keep up very very close to the back end of my zilla!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts