Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought this lt80 a few weeks ago for my 7 year old daughter.

i will be tearing it down completely and having the frame painted, new plastics, seat cover, handlebars, new top end, and possibly sending the shocks out to socal suspension systems for a rebuild. ill see how they do when the machine is reassembled.

this is how it started.

i picked it up from craigslist. i bought it cheap since it was in pieces but little did i know that it had works shocks, durablue extended axle, dg exhaust (may get swapped for a trinity soon), and a 20mm keihin pe carb.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Tuned in for this one! Would love to find one of these little guys cheap for my kids.

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
Not bad shape at all really. Me thinks some grown up broke that frame lol. I'm tuned it.
Should beat big D's contraption soon:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
haha thats funny, i go like 40. scramblers dont like corners faster than that, but this is sweet!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Sweet little bike, these are very popular machines, you would be suprised how many parts I sell for them, more then one would think.

·
Super Moderator
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i disassembled the front clutch to make sure all the rollers are in good shape and to re grease everything and clean it up. everything on this motor is nasty.

all cleaned

·
Super Moderator
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
also disassembled the carb and thoroughly cleaned it. never seen a carb so dirty in all my life. purdy now though.

i also got some goodies in.

the plastics are on back order and my painter messed up his back so no real progress pics yet.

the cylinder has been bored but the machinist didnt chamfer the ports (guess i shouldve gotten a 2stroke pro like JT to do it) so ill do that and get the motor back together.

·
Registered
16 Posts
if you need any misc parts let me know, i have 3 lt80's, and a parts one just to have parts on hand.

my parts are at moore racing getting ported and the works done now, hopefully get it together for a good ride this weekend

1 - 20 of 184 Posts