Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
sblt500r said:
do you have a pictue of your 500? i have 22 rear tires on mine and it sits low. it sounds like your rear cushion lever is set up wrong. it will sit real high if its been installed incorectly
I will get some but I think its together right. Im just very tall (6'6") and My center of gravity on the quad is high.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Isnt there something in the suspension linkage that if you install wrong, it really raises the machine. I thought I saw something in the forums about that recently

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Here ya go.

Hear are the pics for ya. Tell me if its riding high.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
sblt500r said:
do you have a pictue of your 500? i have 22 rear tires on mine and it sits low. it sounds like your rear cushion lever is set up wrong. it will sit real high if its been installed incorectly
Here are the picks.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
No its a stock lt500rk swing arm. A lot different than the lt250r's.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
yea it looks like it sits high. is the chain eating threw the chain slider fast?

you shouldn't be able to see the lower shock bolt like you can on yours. did you put those stainless bolts in?

see these 2 pictures. the one of the back end, you can't even see the lower shock mount. and see how mine sits real low from the side?

to fix it you need to rotate the middle piece in the cushion lever. you remove the middle linkage bolt, and move the hole to the top. it will lower the back end alot. there should be a thread about it. alot of people put that in wrong.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
To lower it where do I need to put the linkage? closest to the motor or closer to the swing arm?on top or on the bottom? Thank for all the help.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
the bolt needs to go in towards the top. it can be put on 2 ways, either at the top(right way) or towards the bottom(wrong way). just pull that middle bolt out of the cushion lever, and use a screwdriver to turn it around. then reinstall the bolt. with the bolt at the top the swingarm will be higher, making the quad sit lower.

picture is the right way.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Very nice, thank you sir. I will put some pics up when it is done. Thank you.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Its done.

Thank you all for the help. It handles and rides 10x better.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yes it was. Very nice. It rides like it should. Crazy how a part upside down will do that crazyshit. I wanna ride right now!...................in fact i just might!
Bing-bing-bing-bing.....braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! Stupid 4 pokes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well if your cheap you can always just flip your rims around. but the best solution would be just to get aftermarket arms. i'm not sure but do they even make aftermarket arms for the zilla?
What can I do to make it wider and better handling. I have a set of works shocks coming in a week or so but I need to make it wider. Any suggestions for a money friendly widening kit? Bump steer kit? Spacers? Off set rims? Tell me what you think guys. Thanks.
Tyler Renner in Arizona (623) 703-7232 makes custom A-arms and swingers for the Zilla...I just ordered a set of +2s and a +4 swinger with a LSR carrier that accepts the thick stock Zilla axle..also DR Q makes a bump steer correction kit for the LT500R as well...I also ordered a set of front and rear Stage 3 Elkas Legacy Pluses which all together should make that Zilla handle like a dream!!...good luck to ya man!!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts