Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I do to make it wider and better handling. I have a set of works shocks coming in a week or so but I need to make it wider. Any suggestions for a money friendly widening kit? Bump steer kit? Spacers? Off set rims? Tell me what you think guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Better handling can come from new tie-rod ends, steering dampner, and proper air pressure on all 4 corners. The zilla is wide enough as it sit's stock unless your flattracking it. Getting the rear shock revalved for your weight to match the new work shocks will do wonder's also.

·
DEY TUK ER JUBBS
3,224 Posts
well if your cheap you can always just flip your rims around. but the best solution would be just to get aftermarket arms. i'm not sure but do they even make aftermarket arms for the zilla?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes they do, for around 450 bucks. Im not cheap but I dont race so i dont need to spend all that on extra shit. Simplicity is the name of the game. And no the zilla is not wide enough. With 22-11-10 on the lt it sits real high in the rear. It need +2 in front and back. I am 6'6" 280lbs. I need a wider bike. Do you guys know of any good spacers I can use?

·
G'd Up From The Feet Up
1,107 Posts
duck tape!

·
Banned
2,703 Posts
flipping the front rims or putting a really wide offset on is only gona hurt the handling, not help it, theres been lots of discussion about that on here

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What should I do MJ, What do you think? Im genuanlly asking you. I know the works shocks are going to be like night and day from the stockers but I need to turn better.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
You get what ya pay for... Wheel spacers and/or offset wheels will create more problems than they solve....

·
G'd Up From The Feet Up
1,107 Posts
wheel spacers arent so bad.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heck no. Im looking at a set of durablu 1.5 inch solid ring spacers for 90 bucks. I think I might do it. I dont ride trails at all. I desert ride, kinda like baja conditions here in Phoenix. so all that means is that the wider the better.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya wanna loan me 600 bucks for a new axle and another 500 for arms?

·
Registered
545 Posts
just put alot of washers on the studs

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
If it were me I would just unbuckle the seat belt and hang off the side a lil.... increasing the width with front spacers is not going to gain any performance... its only going to wear you and your front end components out even faster... its not going to increase suspension travel or ride quality... its gonna be more likely to swap ends through whoops and rip the bars from you... I hope you like arm-pump... With the money you save buying spacers instead of a-arms... at least will be able to afford the steering damper you will definately need....

·
Banned
2,703 Posts
you can get away with flipping rear rims because its a solid axle and you dont have 4 wheel steering haha..so it doesnt really matter, on the front you want the wheel over the balljoints, not 6 inches out with your rotors and calipers hanging out\
and burgie... $600 for a new axle? huh? you can get 3 g force +2-4
axles for that much

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont need travel. I need stability. Im running big tires for ground clearance and Im sitting as hight as a dirt bike. alright I will use offset wheels in the rear and see how I like it. If i do then I will purchase arms.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
how big are your tires? a cheap way to add some width on the rear would be to buy some extended hubs for a Z-400... you would gain nearly 4" but you would have to change to 4/110 pattern wheels...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My tires are 22" front and back. I need new rear wheels anyway and those z400 hubs will work well. Thank you for the great idea.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts