Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a customers quad in the shop that i cant seem to get running. it's a Suzuki LT50.
i've never had this problem before and im about to pull my hair out trying to get it running.
here's what i've got:

the carb has been cleaned to brand new condition, float has been set, so i know it's good.

compression is at 115.

real strong spark to the plug.

fuel is deffinatly getting to the cylinder.

the bitch wont start......:thumbsdown:

i've even tried starting fluid. it dont spit or sputter...nothin is what i get, that, and a sore arm from pullin on that rope forever.

any idea's???

if i dont get this figured out, i will end up in a rubber room wearing a helmet at the local looney bin......:thanks:

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
not sure on that model but i do know alot of the minis have a electronic restrictor on them kinda like the tors that will spark but wont let junior get the bike fired up
dig around and see if theres a module/conncetor thats unplugged under the body work or if theres some factory set start up sequence like : you gotta pull a brake in and push the choke simultaneously
....anther possibility is the ignition and its out of time

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure on that model but i do know alot of the minis have a electronic restrictor on them kinda like the tors that will spark but wont let junior get the bike fired up
dig around and see if theres a module/conncetor thats unplugged under the body work or if theres some factory set start up sequence like : you gotta pull a brake in and push the choke simultaneously
on this model, the pull start wont engage unless the parking brake is locked in. that is functional. on the back, there is a safety pull teather, that is fuctional as well.

the spark is so strong, that while the plug wire was hangin with the plug stuck in it, it jumped a gap of about an inch and a half and arced on the frame when i pulled the rope.

·
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, the guy's kids were riding it around the back yard when it just died with no warning. just as if someone had turned the key off.

·
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cant tow this one Denny. CVT, it just roll's with out spinning the motor over.

carb is clean as new, been dipped in carb tank, float adjusted, pilot jet is free and clear, and so is the main.

usually any bike with all the functions of a running motor will fire on starting fluid....NADA, NOTHING!!!!!

·
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahaha yeah i didnt take that tranny into consideration duh ! lol
remember just becuase it sparks ..doesnt mean it sparking at the right time that it should
i guess i'll pull the flywheel cover and make sure that the woodruff key is still in and all the planets are in line,lol!!

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
did you check the reeds i think they use a very thin metal reed. my sons aeon has a similar issue but its carb related

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I am sure u have tried this but where are you spraying the starter fluid? if at the carb try pulling the plug and spraying some right down the cylinder,tighten the plug up and pull like hell if that dont work it's ignition for sure.

·
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahaa!! i have'nt found any on this thing. the intake is a tube that bolts directly to the jug with nothing more than a gasket in between them.

·
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am sure u have tried this but where are you spraying the starter fluid? if at the carb try pulling the plug and spraying some right down the cylinder,tighten the plug up and pull like hell if that dont work it's ignition for sure.
i've tried both ends and ...nothing, but a buzz from the fumes,lol!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Does it have a plastic shroud over the cylinder like the lt80? Sometimes the plug cap will feel like it snaps on the plug when it is only snapped into the plastic on my 80. Be sure the plug cap is all the way down on the plug.

·
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Does it have a plastic shroud over the cylinder like the lt80? Sometimes the plug cap will feel like it snaps on the plug when it is only snapped into the plastic on my 80. Be sure the plug cap is all the way down on the plug.
no plastic cover on this one. the jugs is fully exposed.
there is no reeds on this bike either. i just took the manifold off and there's just a gasket, no place for reeds to even be in there.
im writing this one off guy's, the flywheel key is in place, so there is no sort of timing issue,piston and rings look excellent, yes i had to pull the head and jug to make sure.:RussRoulette:

·
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anymore idea's before i ship it back home to hell, because i swear this thing is possesed by the devil,:laugh2:, so it must be his,lol!!!

·
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the key may be okay but is the pickup /pulse coil too far from the flywheel magneto or misaligned /damaged ?
.020 is what the pick up is set at.., and everything looks brand new in there, no damage, no rust....nothing!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
before you write it off, let me send my buddy your problem, he is an lt80 expert, so he might very well know something about the 50 also.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts