Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running two lt250r's they both are modded out, I'm just wondering because I have not riddin a 500 how much more power does the quadzilla have I'm a big guy (265lbs) and sometimes wish I had a little more power mostly in sand. Is the 500 that much more powerful and is it clumsy because of it's larger size, please no its twice the engine it's twice the power. let me know if you have rode both.. thanx lokking to purchase one in a month...:violent4:

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have owned both. I have my 500 right now. Im 6'6" 275lbs. thats the reason i Have my 500. Its alot bigger but you have the power to whip it around. The weight difference is around 50lbs. The fact that you have 20 more hp and 20ftlbs of torque is a big difference. I love my 500 and will never go back to a 250 because of the comfort. You need to ride one and find out. I would try one out. You can get a nice 500 for $2500-$3000. Its different dont get me wrong but it is an amazing feeling having power under the power band.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx I was hoping a big guy would let me know who has been on both, the big bike still feels pretty nimble though huh. I was also thinking about turning my'89 lt into a 500 hybrid but would be easier to just go with the king (zilla)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Those hybrids are sweet but considering your size that would have to be your call. If you are comfortable on a 250 chassis the you should stay with the 250. I imagine you have all the parts you can handle for the 250s. You know them from head to toe also. If you want something different its a special group of owners that will support the heck out of you. I would give the king a try and if you dont like it you can always sell it and take the money to build a hybrid. I love my zilla and will never own anything else. and yea the torque is like a 4 poke but you have a power band to count on if you need it. If you wanna dune it go with a zilla. The people will give ya looks and love the quad because there isnt a whole lot of the zilla out there. I hope I helped ya.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all right you sold me I'm getting one. now the search begins... Don't wanna spend more then 3,600. What if any weak spots should I look for on the quadzilla? And ya I do feel a little big on the 2fifty every now and then..lol

·
Registered
515 Posts
Make sure it idles and starts 2nd or third kick. There are not realy any weak spots on a quadzilla. For 3600 bucks you can find a nice quad for yourself.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Nice, good luck to ya. The only thing that needs to be upgraded on a zilla is the front shocks. They are shitty. The one I sent you looks to have works tripple rate shocks. Good stuff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have owned both. I have my 500 right now. Im 6'6" 275lbs. thats the reason i Have my 500. Its alot bigger but you have the power to whip it around. The weight difference is around 50lbs. The fact that you have 20 more hp and 20ftlbs of torque is a big difference. I love my 500 and will never go back to a 250 because of the comfort. You need to ride one and find out. I would try one out. You can get a nice 500 for $2500-$3000. Its different dont get me wrong but it is an amazing feeling having power under the power band.

Im small (150) lbs and I ride and Kawasaki 400 kfx but I'm looking more torque and acceleration and power, would a lt250r be a down grade or an upgrade?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts