Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the hole in the right crankcase cover for on a 1991 LT250R, It is directly under the water pump but not on the housing. It is on the case cover. Anyone know the purpose of this?

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
Wide Open Throttle said:
What is the hole in the right crankcase cover for on a 1991 LT250R, It is directly under the water pump but not on the housing. It is on the case cover. Anyone know the purpose of this?
If I am thinking correctly this would be your weap hole. This will leak radiator fluid if your impeller is not spinning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This will also leak fluid if your water pump seal goes....i had a 90 LT and this happened to me....

Its a quick fix....but pain..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes it is the weep hole. I have had some trouble with mine dripping every once in a while, but it never leaks into the crankcase and never overheats so I don't worry about it too much. I have already replaced the mechanical seal twice, but it didn't seem to change it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It sounds to me like you need a new bearing for the water pump impeller. I had the same problem on my zilla and lt250 it took me a couple of seals to figure out it was bearing. I wouldnt run it like that cause it may overheat or pop a head gasket. I have done that more than once unfortunatly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts