Everything2Stroke Forum banner

Lt250 no low end power

1K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Jerichobaker 
#1 ·
So maybe I'm just stupid but I cant seem to figure out what's going on with my 1988 lt250r. It randomly started fouling plugs and running like crap. I swapped the plug and got a hotter coil and rebuilt the carburetor. I rode it around and it felt brand new, it ripped the front end up in almost every gear. I shut it off and woke up the next morning to go ride and it smokes like a train when I fired it up and it runs like I have my hand over the back of the carburetor. I changed the plug again and I set off to to riding. I get there I drained the gas and put fresh gas in it and it runs great other than the fact that it now has no power down low. Before it had plenty of low end now it seems like I have to give it half throttle just to make it pull out of it's own tracks. And hill climbing is almost impossible. At the top of the hills you have to clutch kick it in first gear at least 3 to 4 times to get it to make itmi

#5 ·
Hard to explain but the floats in the float bowl have to be at a certain height so fuel flows into the carb at a certain rate. Do you have a service manual, if not the Clymer manual has alot of good information and specs. It's like 30 bucks and well worth it. I think Motosport had them for that price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.