Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Talk about a negative post. Calling names then continue to show you are clueless about EFI.

1) I did make an EFI conversion, hence why I know you haven't even thought about it.
2) You can't count, I posted to three in depth EFI conversions on banshee motors. One even added a turbo.
3) My list wasn't half ass. Again, you don't know anything about EFI. Reason for using a raptor's or LTR EFI is because they are single cylinder like the quadzilla. 2-stroke EFI sleds are all twin cylinder. Another reason was because of that ECU and its ability to plug right into the 4-strokes wiring harness. It was for the ease of it. If the OP knew a lot of EFI, I would have suggest using a microsquit, making his own harness and running other parts.
4) Guess on injector size, thanks again for proving you don't know anything about EFI. You don't guess, you do the math and get the correct size.

You know, you could just run this (http://www.aemelectronics.com/products/sensors-connectors-accessories/wideband-sensors-bungs-accessories/wideband-o2-sensor-bungs/stainless-steel-o2-sensor-bung).

I know I would be better off asking the kid that puts bike together at toys r us than to ask you anything about EFI.

You are cluess.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Your right, it was a negative post. Because your giving bad advice. You give just enough info to get it to run and get someone $1000 ~ $2000 deep into trouble that you can't help them out of.
What you call EFI is nothing mare then a GPS. It uses way points as fuel settings. It doesn't care or know what the motor needs. Thats why they call it a "map" system and it's in "open loop". Both are bad for a two stroke, you don't have the big jetting window like a 4 stroke. Thats why all the parts came from a 4 stroke, not a two stroke.
The two stroke has a rapid power shift. At what rpm it comes "on pipe" can vary. Much like variable cam shaft timing on a 4 stroke, only not set rpm or controlled. With the system your using, you "map" the FI window for a motor with a fixed cam shaft unplug the O2 and go. But two stroke can and will shift the power rpm sweep, like variable cam timing gone mad. When that happens, your "map" is off. It may burn down, may not, may go faster. But for sure that system is not right.

Thats why I listed you will need a active system. Plus monitor your pipe temp at three spots. Why or how would I know this? Because I have a shop full of two stroke EFI system, a bunch battery less. Why do I poo poo the EFI? I love EFI, but I can't find any real gain on a real dyno. It's very limited "who" really knows how to do a two stroke EFI CORRECT. It's a lot of work and $$ and all it really is... eye candy.. bling

·
Registered
20 Posts
are you kidding me.... giving me a damn headache..

1 min you say BRP is the only one that actually stuck with making a EFI 2 stroke, next you say you got a garage full of EFI 2 strokes...

so what.. you got a bunch of broken down BRP's and claim their the only ones that work? LOL...

Artic cat, Polaris also have EFI 2 stroke... Yamaha is the ONLY one that didn't keep with the 2 stroke....

AC and Polaris have been SUPER successfull in their EFI systems.... 99.99999% of people out there will benefit from EFI just for the fact of no "carb" jetting hassle... a simple chip and map for X mods and your done.. the ECU learns the rest...

2 stroke to 4 stroke... EFI does the same thing for both but just different requirements and a entirely different map...

Once the ECU learns the rpm range A/F ratio... the 2 stroke will run great.. doesnt matter what kind of "rpm fluctuation" it has the program learns it.....

Do us a favor and press the Red X on the top right.... blaming others for giving bad info.. yet your here leading the orchestra of far from correct information

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
How about this................. There are you guys that are confident on the 2-stroke F.I.system that you guys converted for the 2 srokers and are sticking to your story... How about you post a video and your "supposed" port map as to how your F.I. modded system works. If you have done it and you are confident of the reliability and power that you are putting out....well it's been a Pissing contest. Step up.... Show your proven accomplishment and maybe we'll look at it at different prospective. If you can't then continue to "bench race" without us. The First post was a question...wondering about putting F.I. on a Zilla. Step Up and show you Visual results or Step-off! the guy just wanted to know Not a bunch of Fuckin' pipe dreamers! If you have a successful set-up, stop wasting our time and post it up ! Dyno sheets, fuel maps, etc.

Stop being a high school Strap!

·
Registered
20 Posts
so now your accusing us for not having concrete proof that a FI system could work... but yet you where blabbering nonsense from the start

YOU claimed that only 1 company made EFI work and that was a on a snowmow... 99% FALSE... (1% right because BRP DOES have a EFI system)

You also claimed that FI would not work on a 500... FALSE... HOWEVER.. there is no "bolt on kit" Even if there was... it wouldn't be in anyones budget to buy nor would it be time worthy to even come out with a bolt on kit for any shop.. this is a dying breed...

Can the OP have a FI built? yea sure theres plenty of options and parts that would work... can just some random avg joe with 0 knowledge make it work? probably not.... if that avg joe has $$$ then yea sure he could get a well knowledgeable person to build him one...

I don't personally run a FI system.. no need nor do I have the time or money to even bother.

has it been done? yea sure go check out one of Dirt wheels editions... a guy from BansheeHQ has a EFI banshee and ran it for a long time.... another guy had a EFI system built had it running but havent heard back from him since his 1st couple of test runs...

so YES a FI has been done on these older 2 pokes... sure as hell ain't no bolt on and go kit though

Just because I personally don't run a system does not mean I am not allowed to provide information that I have personally read and seen work...

go back to believing BRP is the only EFI 2 stroke manufacturer out in this industry and quit posting entirely false information

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'll slow down a bit. You have big MFG that make 2 stroke motors. They put them in boats, ATV, sleds, UTV, golf carts.. or sell them to small MFG and they put them in something they built (arctic cat).

I based it on big MFG. They have the most money, they put the most time into testing.
Arctic cat signed on with yamaha now and had been Suzuki since 76 (kaw and Merc before that). Yamaha has been out of FI 2 stroke a long time.
Polaris stole it's FI system from I.R.S. back in the 80's. I.R.S. has had them in court since then and from what I was told they finally won. So looks like they will have to pay, or drop it.

I have a shop full of FI because I'm always looking for a better setup. Same reason i have piles of carburetors, turbo chargers, pipes and intercoolers. Then it gets to a point your not sure if you really made more power. So you buy a dyno and verify it, I did. My background is electronic fuel air management (started 1981) at work we have 70 dynos (dyno building) that run 24/7. Plus had 2 dynos at home because I love HP. I just sold one my dynos back to a guy that works at Polaris R&D

·
Registered
20 Posts
ok.. so JUST because 1 distributor makes EFI systems for X company's you claim only 1 company does EFI? uhm......

2nd of all.. AC and Yamaha joined... . Yamaha is going to use AC's chassis design in their sleds as their far more advanced and handle better... Yam makes great 4 strokes and im sure AC can use some of that tech..

Will that mean AC is quiting on EFI 2 strokes? hell no they just came out with a whole new line of 2 strokes with the ZR, XF ect models... the only new "competition" snowmo I know of right now thats still carbed is the Team AC factory 600 sled

because a company is joining with another doesnt mean squat about discontinuing a product....

Just like Kawi joined Suzuki for a few years.. never changed their line of products.. not much anyways... its all for sharing tech and $$$$ profit in some way or another...

Stolen ideas or not... a EFI system is a EFI system.... now because its "stolen" so you say.. it doesn't count? LOL... what they going to do.. tell people to return all the sleds with EFI because they don't own the rights?

you can have 1 big MFG to produce the EFI system for all the middle people... that far from means every system is the same... each system is tweaked and made differently to fit the chassis and work with the motor.... get a clue or a dozen..

For someone having such experience.. you sure do like to throw around inaccurate facts like no tomorrow...

with all those dynos.... you would think you would of figured out by now that a Dyno is a tuning tool... a well tuned carb should not yeild less or more power then a well tuned EFI system...

now as far as throttle response.... thats where some improvements could be made.... EFI would keep a better tune in a variance of elevations and temps VS a carb THATS where you would see the gain... not running it on some dyno with a constant same temp and air flow on a constant load.

also FYI... BRP is not a big MFG... its just another middle man selling toys.... again false information

·
Registered
54 Posts
How about this................. There are you guys that are confident on the 2-stroke F.I.system that you guys converted for the 2 srokers and are sticking to your story... How about you post a video and your "supposed" port map as to how your F.I. modded system works. If you have done it and you are confident of the reliability and power that you are putting out....well it's been a Pissing contest. Step up.... Show your proven accomplishment and maybe we'll look at it at different prospective. If you can't then continue to "bench race" without us. The First post was a question...wondering about putting F.I. on a Zilla. Step Up and show you Visual results or Step-off! the guy just wanted to know Not a bunch of Fuckin' pipe dreamers! If you have a successful set-up, stop wasting our time and post it up ! Dyno sheets, fuel maps, etc.

Stop being a high school Strap!
Give you my fuel map? You really don't think I would actually give you anything after the shit you said?

If you would do some of your own research, there is plenty of info out there.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts