Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 87 lt500. It is the rarest thing I've ever seen. Take it home and hide it. That's what the techs at the Suzuki shop in lynchburg va said. I purchased this atv 6 months ago. I had one about 15 years ago and loved it. This quad has less than 10 hours on it, this is what I was told. I thought how in the world can you prove it- as I gave the man money for it. This is what i do know. The first owner purchased the quad in his early 50s. Rode it only once, he was thrown off breaking his back. (He's ok) he put it in his garage for almost 16 years. He can still be contacted to prove this. 2nd owner had it for 6 years and he says he put around 6 hours on it and never had it in the mud, rain, sand or snow. He lost his job and sold it to the gentleman I purchased it from. 2nd and 3rd owners where in there 40s while owning the atv and both can be contacted. The. 3rd owner states he rode it a total of 20 minutes. This quad has the same tires HOOKER that was on it when it left the showroom. It still has the rubber between the tread. Thank you for taking the time to read this and now the big question. What do you think its worth?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand. There will always be that to good to be true feel. Ill post photos when I get to work in the morning. This is true. It would be a huge wast of my time typing on my Droid for a what if game.

·
HillClimb/DirtDrag Champ
5,567 Posts
sounds like the most original/cleanest zilla i have ever heard of.. i would like to see some pics also. to the right person you should get 4-5K fairly easily.

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
sounds like the most original/cleanest zilla i have ever heard of.. i would like to see some pics also. to the right person you should get 4-5K fairly easily.
i would like to see some pics as well. just here recently (after Racerdonnie13 brought his to the house) i have gotten a new interest in these things.

·
Old School but still Cool
2,843 Posts
Pics would be better. The story is fun to read though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
thats awsome i agree with matt on price, and also every one else on some pics please

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Gotta post some pics man. Awesome story :thumbsup:

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
Subbing for pix.
I rode an all stock Zilla last year at Busco.
Impressive ride for sure- also really comfortable I might add.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Cant tell you nothing without VERY detailed pics of every angle of that zilla..

·
stock cylinder killer
1,005 Posts
Definately love to see some pics of that zilla. Hard to find them around here in va much less in the condition that you say its in.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I remember that story for a zilla on ebay. The part about the broken back refreshed my memory. Don't remember them coming with "hooker" tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the photos

ok i finaly took some photos. I have not cleaned the atv as you can tell from some dust . the aftermarket handle bars proves i lied. I put them on b/c i was stupid. I have the originals. As for the tires i have the 1987 owners manual with photos showing that they are the originals.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
$3000-$4000 is what it might bring around here, but you would need the buyer to be a zilla junky. It's a great looking bike for sure.

·
HillClimb/DirtDrag Champ
5,567 Posts
not showroom..but a great looking OEM machine.. i can see it getting 4K.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Now I'm torn. Leave it as is, send it to ducan racing or someone else for mods.
Do yourself a favor and do not send it to Duncan, you can get the same work if not better for half the price from a smaller builder, i been down the duncan road before, learn from my mistake.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Mine was that clean and original when i bought it.. still have all the old parts at a friends house.. Was on the original piston with original bore. Nothing had been touched except had a set of paddles on it. Paid $2500 for it. and the guy offered me the whole wheel set with the original tires for an extra $40. Never had been titled, came with Original Suzuki Certificate of Origin, and still has the metal sticker on the left hand side with the year and i think vin# on it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts