Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My carbs dump quite a lot of fuel out when I'm riding. At the dunes it's pretty bad cuz of the hills and me doin wheelies and what not, and even out trail riding I get it spurtin out @#!*% on the beatuiful swingarm and clutch cover! Is there any way I can get this to not happen or not dump as much out? Adjust the float or something?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Id take the carb bowls off and turn the gas on and move the floats by hand and see if it shuts it off or keeps leaking may just be a simple adjusment, alittle peice of dirt or somthing or just time for a rebuild

·
Supporting Member
352 Posts
Take the carbs apart and check the needle/seat for wear orand debris.
If they look good adjust the float height to factory specs. That should stop your overflow problems.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what's the needle/seat? Keep in mind I have PWK35's too.

·
Supporting Member
352 Posts
what's the needle/seat? Keep in mind I have PWK35's too.
The needle in combination with the floats is what stops fuel flow from the tank to the carb.

When the float bowl fills with gas the floats rise which in turn seats the needle against the seat which shuts off the gas.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So just check out where the needle meets the main jet? and where could I find the manufacturers suggested float height?

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
take the bowl off joe and look at the float you will see a needle that is on a tab in between the floats. you will need to check your papers that came with the carbs if ya bought em new for the float hight. Thinking it should be 14mm to 17mm resting on the pin with 20mm of movement... but do not quote me on that. I have 30mm okos and thats the float height and movement on mine.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought mine used, gonna have to find something I guess. Thanks for that info morph!

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
i agree with the float height and or the needle is screwed up. if you run pump gas, the ethanol corrodes the aluminum needle and will not slide smoothly in the needle seat and sometimes hangs a little and you will get the over flow. take the advise givin, and you should be fine.

·
Supporting Member
352 Posts
I would say you want to aim close or between 5-7mm.
Take/adjust this measurement by holding carb upside down and measuring from the carb body/bowl mating surface to the top of the float.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do I adjust it?

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DUDE!! Thanks, that's a great one!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
well from what I understand, the factory float height should be 16mm now.. Checked mine and one is 13 and the other is 14 and both have the fuel inlet needle's spring bumper compressed about halfway sitting down, I bent that a little bit to get it to not compress so much like said, but it didn't change the float height at all from what I can tell. Am I doing something wrong?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts