• Yamaha Blaster

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Suzuki lt 250r

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Suzuki lt 500r

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Honda trx 250r

Votes: 5 16.1%

Looking For California Atv Riding Buddies!

6K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  SHOWTIME 
#1 ·
Hey whatsup everybody?. Im a new person who recently joined a place everybody loves 2-strokes like I do. Well anyway Im a 18 yr old male who recently moved from Pennsylvania. Now I live in California and im amazed of the hispanic population and the only thing I have to say is wow. But sadly to say no-one likes atving were im at so I thought I come on here and see if theres any west coast riders on here. Im looking to meet new riding buddies around my age or older its cool with me. Also im sad to say I have neither a 4x4 truck or suv. So if theres anyone in the Los Angeles,Long Beach,San Pedro,or surrounding areas wanna become riding buddies and also show me some of the west coast riding areas and go riding holla back at me im willing to pay you money for gas its not a problem. So west coast riders holla back at me.

My ride: 1998 Yamaha Banshee
fmf fatty pipes/turbine core silencers
Boyesen Power Reeds
Realtors front tires and Stock rear tires

#2 ·
hey what up, i am an cali guy but i am about 3 or so hours away from you. if you ever come up to san luis obispo to riding at a place called pismo dunes i am down to go riding. but i am just a little far away from you. also since you like in the LA area, you can also check out glamis, i dont know if you are in to dune riding, but i dont think going there right now is a good idea you have to wait for the winter to go. i will be oging in nov. by the way welcome to the site, you will like it here. it is an awesome site.

#4 · (Edited)
:wazzup:

I live in Cali too! About 1 1/2, maybe 2 hours north of you. I live in Lancaster/Palmdale area... I'd love to go riding sometime...but L.A. isn't exactly
"passing through" to any area I usually ride! If I ever head to Glamis I'll hit you up! And I'm planning on heading to Pismo/Oceano in the next month or so (hopefully before my red sticker is in effect) :angry2:

My recommendation... find a cheap truck to haul your ATV around. Any junker to get you from point A to point B is better than nothing. OR find a very small trailer that would fit one ATV or so..you can probably find one for a couple hundered bucks or less if you look (or you can rent one for $24 a day from Eagle Rider in LA). Then put a hitch on your car... Even a little honda can pull the extra 400-500 pounds (anymore people have that much in stereo equipment) :freak1:

I could probably even head down some time an snag you if you want...we'll just have to plan ahead! Hope you find some other riding buddies as well... Peace!!

#5 ·
I live in PA so I can't help you with any California riding areas, but a far as the poll goes I think Banshee will "reign supreme". The Banshee has a certain mystique about it because no other quad like it has ever been produced. It's a legendary dune machine and even people who know nothing about quads usually know the Banshee name. I think the TRX250R will be a close second because of its racing dominance. As for the most underrated 2-stroke of all time, in my opinion, that has to go to my beloved LT250R. They're awesome all around quads and I wouldn't trade mine for any Honda 250R or Banshee.

#6 ·
91LT250R said:
...I think Banshee will "reign supreme". The Banshee has a certain mystique about it because no other quad like it has ever been produced. It's a legendary dune machine and even people who know nothing about quads usually know the Banshee name...
Funny you mention that... just the other day I mentioned to a guy that I ride ATV's. He asked "Really, what do you have?" Mind you, this guy probably knows next to nothing about ATV's and was probably just wondering what make (Honda, Yamaha, suzuki, etc). I said "I have a Yamaha Banshee." He said, "Whoa! Those things are fast! You're gonna get yourself killed" or something like that. *LOL*

This is the overly cautious, "safe" guy... would probbly never touch a quad, but I thought it was funny that he said that! *LOL* You mention Banshee and just about anyone knows what you're talking about! IT's Great!!

#7 ·
Bansheeman350 said:
Hey whatsup everybody?. Im a new person who recently joined a place everybody loves 2-strokes like I do. Well anyway Im a 18 yr old male who recently moved from Pennsylvania. Now I live in California and im amazed of the hispanic population and the only thing I have to say is wow. But sadly to say no-one likes atving were im at so I thought I come on here and see if theres any west coast riders on here. Im looking to meet new riding buddies around my age or older its cool with me. Also im sad to say I have neither a 4x4 truck or suv. So if theres anyone in the Los Angeles,Long Beach,San Pedro,or surrounding areas wanna become riding buddies and also show me some of the west coast riding areas and go riding holla back at me im willing to pay you money for gas its not a problem. So west coast riders holla back at me.

Boyesen Power Reeds
Dude I'm in Anaheim! I go out to El Mirage alot and Red Canyon Road off of the 10east past Coachello by the General Patton Museum. Don't go to Gorman much. To Crowded. Anyway I usually ride by myself so I would love a riding buddy. Especially another Banshee to ride with.

#8 ·
BigG said:
Dude I'm in Anaheim! I go out to El Mirage alot and Red Canyon Road off of the 10east past Coachello by the General Patton Museum. Don't go to Gorman much. To Crowded. Anyway I usually ride by myself so I would love a riding buddy. Especially another Banshee to ride with.
Hey Man! Next time you're heading to El Mirage give me a holler. I'm like an hour away (if that). You know Palmdale? I'm sure you pass through it on the way there. I'm not far from there. Finally got the truck fixed so I have a way to haul my Banshee around again! :freak3:

I'm already trying to plan a trip to glamis with some friends in a month or two (probably two). None of them have ATVs so we'll probably rent some down there. I'll let you guys know when I'm taking off and goin' down.

BTW... forget the other post... I got a GREEN sticker now!! :cool:

#9 ·
Bansheeman350 said:

Boyesen Power Reeds

if you ever want to ride out at a quad track in the inland impire let me know.
I live right by a pretty cool quad only track in lake elsinore, drop me a e-mail and i will get back with you.

#10 ·
hey, what's up Bansheeman 350!
i used to live in Santee in San Diego. . . but my dad is still there and i'm planning a road trip with *** next summer/fall to visit ( we have to plan in super advance cuz of the mini-me )
are you in socal of nocal?
and where is a good place to ride in san diego county?

#11 ·
369PortingPrincess said:
i used to live in Santee in San Diego. . . but my dad is still there and i'm planning a road trip with *** next summer/fall to visit ( we have to plan in super advance cuz of the mini-me )

like i posted so cal lake elsinore , about a hour away from sandiego, depending on where you live has a great quad track and also alot of hill riding around there.

#12 ·
369PortingPrincess said:
Next County over in Imperial county. Go to Imperial Dunes... AKA GLAMIS!! :freak1:

#13 ·
SouperSport said:
Next County over in Imperial county. Go to Imperial Dunes... AKA GLAMIS!! :freak1:
that's so wierd you just posted that, my daddy from cali called me and *** was hanging out at my house when he called, and my dad wanted to know when we were making the trip out there. . .
*** told me to ask him how far Glamis was from Santee and he said about 100 miles, shit, silver lake is that far, if not farther. . .
so anyway to make a long story short, ***, myself, and The Bones are headed to california, my home sweet home, next september via chevy full size pick up and trailer. . .

#15 ·
hey whats up..i live in vegas....i no were a few riding spots are in cali tho..glamis..pismo..etc

#17 ·
Sand and Trail BOTH for me!! I'm about 2hr from Ventura...so about 3.5 hr from pismo I guess... I may be out in Pismo in April

I just broke my Banshee in Glamis this weekend (after spending $700 bucks on it) so it may be a couple week before I get it fixed. Dying to hit some more sand!!! =-)

#18 ·
Post up when you want to go. I have a ride in Cal City, about 2 hours north of you in the middle of the desert. Little easier for you to get to the riding spot in a two wheel drive than Pismo.

I will post up that ride in March. The key to desert riding is stronger wheels. ITP and such. I used to blow out wheels on every trip trying to keep up the the two wheelers.

#20 ·
Old thread.. but alot has changed over the years here.. Cali membership has grown huge!
I hit all the Cali Dune spots! I do some dirt as well, Hungry Valley, Rowler Flatts, El Mirage..

#22 ·
Old thread.. but alot has changed over the years here.. Cali membership has grown huge!
I hit all the Cali Dune spots! I do some dirt as well, Hungry Valley, Rowler Flatts, El Mirage..

Damn Climb, you must have pulled out the kabota to dig up this thread lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.