Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had there flywheel lightened? if so is there any real power gain? or qyicker revs?

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
I have heard people talk about it and from what they say it works pretty good. If you figure you drop a pound of centrifical weight at high RPMs that is a lot of extra weight your bike has. Not sure how you calculate this but I would guess it is up there in weight savings.

·
Banned
0 Posts
i think a pund of spinning weight is equal to like 4 or 5 pounds of still weight.
it woudl be like making your flywheel 4 pounds lighter in high RPM. sound like a decent enough idea to me

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the guy that built my banshee motor was telling me about it, he said that it works pretty well and they have gotten the machining down pat, he said that they are holding together all the way up to 11,500rpm. which is a good thing.he knows his stuff, but i just thought i would ask around before going ahead with it. he has a machine shop that does all his work for him. i can get the details and let you guys know about it, if you want.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i should see him tomorrow and i'll get back to you ass soon as i can, i might even be able to set up some sort of bulk deal??? see what i can do!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well as you guys can tell i have had some trouble getting ahold of the guy about the flywheel thing, but i will keep you all updated

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i talked to the guy that built my motor today about the flywheel, he's not too willing to "give" out the specs on it. he told me that he has too much time and money into getting it right to just hand it out, more or less? he is big into racing so i guess he has to guard his tricks somewhat? but i will let you guys know how it works, i plan on getting it done when i put the new pistons in, should be in the next month or so.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah will do guys, there is a poker run the 5th so it won't be done untill after that, but none the less i will let you know!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know 2 guys that do it. One takes off about 8oz and the other guy will take off as much as 11oz. The price ranges from about $65 to $100 depending on how much is taken off. I have not done one yet but the science is there to show that it is worth the money and one of the best/ cheapest mods. One of the guys {if not both} will give you a stock flywheel back if you don't like the lighter one. I'll try to get their emails later in the week if you guys are still interested.

·
Registered
28 Posts
OK here goes...
First one is... [email protected] who takes off less material but if you don't like it lightened he will give you a stock one back.
The second one is... [email protected] who does an absolutely beautiful job and who does the basic lightening or the super lightened flywheel.
Email them yourself for exact prices and or pics. They are both Banshee riders so it's not just some punk with a grinder.
Make sure you tell 'em Holyman sent you :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts