Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i was out on my newly purchased bike(used) this weekend no problems at all then after a couple of hours into the day it started smoking out of nowhere(white smoke) thought it would clear up did a few more laps round still smoking pulled up cut it out and it started smoking very bad like something was on fire inside the exhaust and a very strong smell, it smelt like a house fire thats only way i could describe it. havent rode the bike since wanted to get some input in case its something serious. any info/ideas are very much appreciated. im wanting to be back out this sat/sun hopefully. if its something serious ill probably sell up as im useless with bikes lol lost my rag trying to put my back wheel back on lol i dont have enough patience hope somebody can shed some light

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Two things come to mind.... A bad crankcase seal on the pto side sucking oil from the transmission causing the smoke/stinky exhaust.
A bad head gasket letting coolant into the cylinder, again white smoke and bad smelling exhaust.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not had it tested but therr doesn't seem to be a very lot but it kicks up first kick almost every time, I kept checking coolant it never loses any so can't see it being that, I'll have to do a oil change and measure what exactly see if it's losing some! My own fault I let my brother put oil in and doesn't know how much he used! If it is crank seals how much am I looking at for a shop repair? I couldn't do it I can't even do a top end lol thanks for your reply guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts