Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 kawasaki kx500 it runs great in the low rpms. It cuts out and wont rev into higher rpm, i know the 500 isnt really a rev happy motor but it seems to have a very short rpm range. It did this when i bought it with a dented pro circut exhaust. I installed a new fmf fatty header and fmf power core muffler and a boyesen rad valve kit. It runs a little better but still breaks up and cuts out up top, does anyone have any jetting reccomendations? is it too lean or rich or??? thanks in advance

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a 1999 kawasaki kx500 it runs great in the low rpms. It cuts out and wont rev into higher rpm, i know the 500 isnt really a rev happy motor but it seems to have a very short rpm range. It did this when i bought it with a dented pro circut exhaust. I installed a new fmf fatty header and fmf power core muffler and a boyesen rad valve kit. It runs a little better but still breaks up and cuts out up top, does anyone have any jetting reccomendations? is it too lean or rich or??? thanks in advance
Sounds too rich to me. If you hold the throttle wide open when it reaches that point does it want to die or will it just maintain its RPM?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Had a KX500 along time ago. Did some tuning and went to Glamis for some high speed runs and was VERY disappointed! I messed with it and was waiting for the powerband to kick in and rip my shoulders out of the sockets. It never happened. I sold it as soon as I returned home and bought another CR500 which is the BEST 500 2 wheeler out there. The Suzuki LT500 was the best 4 wheeler in the 500 class.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts