Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rebuilt my kx and had to buy a case half on e-bay. After three tanks of gas I spun a crank bearing. Has anyone heard that the case half's have to be a matching set? I'm wondering if that's why my bearing went?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As to cases I don't know, but might not be bad idea. Were they new bearings?
Yes, all new bearings. When I put the case half's together the crank became harder to spin. I've done some reading and the cases are machined in sets so it's concentric. If it goes again, I'll have my answer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
im sure all cases are machined as a set. but alot of people replace one half and never report a problem. the problem with any cases that have interference fit between the crank and bearings, you have to pull the cases together properly or youll bind up everything. thats why your bearings are harder to turn. its not a difficult job if you know what your doing. alot of newbies and even some professionals try to hammer them together or use the bolts to pull them together which is the wrong thing to do IMO. ive assembled alot of cases and never once had a problem. do it once, do it right

this is just a guess but i would say the cases arent the problem. possibly you got something binded up and proceeded to still ride it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts