Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about bgetting a Yamaha TT-R 125L. Is there a KTM that could suit my needs?
I'm 15 years old and 5'6 feet tall. I had a KTM when i was 6 years old, but not any bikes recently.:confused2
Thanks in advance
Frank12

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sx 125 Is Quite A Knarly Machine My Son Has A Ttr 125 And He Is 10 He Says It Doesn't Have Any Balls And I Agree That Bike Would Be To Small For You And The Sx Might Be To Wild / Get A Rm 100 Or A Kx 100 First Feel The Power And Move Up!!!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
if i were u id get the yamaha yz85

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dont get the yamaha

i rode a ttr 225( not the ttr 125) and it was gutless. dude i am the exact same size and age as u (dont know about wieght im 115) im getting a dirtbike soon and im gonna probably get a 125sx. if uve never ridden b4 get a 85, but if u have ridden quads all of ur life like me, get the 125.

·
Registered
28 Posts
91LT250R said:
At 5'6" a 125 may be too big for him to touch the ground. If you haven't ridden bikes or quads since you were 6 then you should probably re-start your riding career on something smaller than a 125. Maybe a used 85 would be a good choice.

I second this, something like a 2001 to 2003 CR80 or YZ85 has alreadyy tanked in price, you can buy one for about 1000.00 give or take a few hunerd for condition, ride the snot out of it and still sell for 1000.00 in two years,

·
Banned
386 Posts
5'6 isnt too short for a 125..a good friend of mine is almost 5'7 and he has a kx125...also my little cousin who is only around 5'2 rides my 125 all the time

·
Banned
110 Posts
yes it it too short.. it can be done .. but not with as much control as taller people. when I bought my cr125 a year and 2 days ago .. i was 5'6 and myself coudlnt control it as well as I can currently .. now I'm 6'2 155lbs and looking to get a cr250 eighter way if your looking to grow get a 125 but if your not get something smaller for a while.

·
Banned
386 Posts
not too short..my cousin rides it all the time...once you get the hang of it you can ride it good..

·
Banned
110 Posts
not as well as a taller person can control this .. but the kid thats interested in uying a bike. if u havn't rode in a while get something smaller and wrok ur way up ull get yourself hurt on a sx125 there gnarly lil 125s and they scream.. plus ur pretty light might get thrown off it. but if ur growing fast i might recomend it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
cr125kid, you grew 8" in one year, damn, the cupboards must be bare in your house, anyway, I know he's an exception but I have a good friend that I ride with all the time and his son Cory is 14 and rides a kx250 with ease. He is about 5' 6'' or 7'' and wieghs 120 lbs he started riding when he was about 9 or 10. He started on a cr50 then a ttr 125 and then, Jeff (his dad) found a good deal on a new kx250 and bought it for himself. Cory asked to ride it and after a couple of rides he could keep up with Jeff and I on our banshee's in the dunes. I think experience is everything, but as long as you start at a careful pace, a kid that can hold the bike up can ride it. Get the 125 and take it slow, if you have been riding since you were 6 you will be fine.

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
i dunno a ttr 125 is tame, but a 125 two stroke at five foot six sounds right to me unless it's the expert and it's on a 250 frame or has a bigger front wheel

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
it is all about throttle control. u can ride any size bike if you have throttle control.

·
Registered
62 Posts
dont get the ttr every experience i have had with a ttr was a huge let down the suspension sucks and the motor has no balls imo

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It is too short to have any suspension travel and like 369 said its four stroke

1 - 18 of 18 Posts