Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ok here is a picture of the bike! sorry it took so long but ive just been really busy and now i got a week off of work so i can start getting shit done now.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
yea it does i like the fact that its water cooled unlike all of the other big bores

·
Registered
335 Posts
MY 85 cr500 is liquid-cooled too Chuckie. Only the yamaha big bore wasn't liquid cooled. Cool old KTM. I just hope you'll be able to find parts for it

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
well the rm500 (wich i really fuckin want) was air cooled too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was refering to anything 85 and newer. Why do you want an old rm500 so bad(unless you can get a really good deal on one)? Also for the guy with the ktm try using a heat gun or even just a hairdryer to heat up that old intake boot and stretch it out.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
well i got the rear wheel off and i am gonna bring it to a shop to get a new tube put in. then once that is all done im gonna get it running good. found out there was no air filter in the airbox and i decided to take the airbox out because it is too much hassle to get the carb in and out with it in. and im not a fan of airboxes anyways. im gonna put a clamp on filter.

also, i figured out that my carb actually doesn't leak. it is totally fine. i tested it off of the bike and it did not leak. so i put it in, im gonna get a new plug for the bike and figure out a good way to start it (stupid left side kicker!!)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
i wish! but the ktm is pretty high up and it is pretty hard to kick the sucker over. im gonna figure out how to start it once i get the tube put in. i got a tube today and they gave me the wrong size! :( i told them the tire size- 110/100-18 and they go by inches so he gave me a like 2.75/3.00 18 and i didnt have a clue if that was close or not but i need a 4.50/4.00- 18 tube. so i will get it tomorrow or wednesday and hopefully get her going again soon!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
21 - 30 of 30 Posts