Everything2Stroke Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I think I am also going to order a new chain, I believe its the original one as it seems EVERYTHING on my bike is all original nothing has ever been replaced or modified.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sweet thanks for all of the advice I got the engine out. NOW I've run into a even bigger problem. I started cleaning out my crank case, the crank was moving perfectly fine and then all of the sudden it wouldn't budge. I think there is some small pieces of metal between the two. What is the easiest way to get the crank to move again other than splitting the engine. If I have to split the engine how hard is that to do? I contacted a mechanic in my area and he told me that I could do it myself even without a engine splitter.
First, don't force it. Didn't mention if cyl. is still on or any clutch side gears. Try gently turning crank opposite direction you were going. IF it moves, only turn it a hair. Turn it upside down and shake it, see if something falls out.

If it's a small screw, could be from reed valves. If schrapnel, you got bigger problems.

Tho cases can be split without a puller, I wouldn't suggest it. I use a harmonic balancer puller from Harbor freight.
If yours has the reed valves in the case, replace while apart.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Update: I found a really good mechanic out of Appleton, Wisconsin super cheap! Cylinder work $150 lower end $250 before parts. The guy knows EXACTLY what he is doing. He's been racing his entire life and is also a pit crew chief for a race team in the Motoamerica Superbike racing world. I'm glad I took it in to him instead of trying to figure all of this out on my own. I need a new cluth, gear fork #3 and new bearings. He's honing and replating my cylinder, putting in a Wossner piston and replacing everything else that needs to be done. Including welding my case which was broke from a previous owner who decided to use silicone. Granted it wasn't a spot that it wouldn't harm the working of the engine at all. I am also doing some painting on my quad, keeping the frame the original color. The A arms and anything else metal/aluminum on it I am painting a metallic silver. I repainted my front shock springs but don't have a spring puller so the shock and spring are now yellow. As soon as I get it all done and the engine back I will post a cpl of pics. Once again Thanks for all the help!

61 - 63 of 63 Posts