Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has an 06 kfx80 it has a dg pipe and the 20mm dg carb. I recently did the top end with a Wiseco piston. The issue I'm having is it doesn't want to idle very good and if I get it to idle it bogs with the slightest amount of gas and also spits out the tail pipe kinda sounds like a back fire. Could this be a jetting issue??? It ran fine after I did the topped for a month or so and it started doing this. I also put a new belt and rebuilt the primary clutch. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Have you checked that the flywheel key hasn't started to shear? Ohm the coil and plug cap. Trim 1/4" off coil wire and reinstall cap (if it's removable)
Check the other lt80 thread, guy claims to be lt80 expert

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do not think this is a main jetting issue. Problems with main jet selection will become apparent at or close to full throttle. NEW FUEL will not hurt ~
However, If your problem is carburetor related then you should start by adjusting the pilot jet and jet needle position, in that order But first, Change your spark plug (frequently), and watch for the correct heat range. Ceramic insulator should be almost white if the plug temperature is correct between 750 - 1000 F. If not, then get the right heat range plug. Hard to fiddle with carburetor issues when the plug is fouling due to improper heat range Timing could be an issue also, backfiring could mean a late spark. In the end, paying very close attention to spark plug condition will help with future jetting issues.

·
Registered
64 Posts
He contacted me.
It's that Wiseco piston..Right Mr.Tice?? LOL j/k
Not a fan of the 20mm carb cuz they fall out of the adapter. I wonder if it's leaking.
Never seen a sheared key.
Like Mr.Tice suggested, a comp test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts