Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in a bind right now, i want to get some go fast goodies for my warrior but dont want to sink money into it with the little gain i will get. im thinking of getting a 400ex with a BB kit and then going from there. please help me! even thought they are 4 pokes. i cant decide what to do! :Smoke:

·
Registered
132 Posts
400ex. way more parts for em and very reliable. you will like it

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
A 400ex would be an upgrade from a warrior in my opinion. I would stay away from a big bore 400ex though, I have heard alot of guys say that they tend to run hot and don't seem to last very long. Have you thought about a Z400 or maybe a YFZ450? They seem to be getting cheap to buy now days.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya but they are more money to mod and build. im really thinking about doing a 300ex/cr250 swap for a senior projec tin my shop. fabbing everything my self. really want something fast for cheap =/ ahha what a dream i have

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
so your stuck between a slug and snail ..neither machine is going to be very fast by any stretch no matter what you "sink " into it .I will say the honda would be alot more desirbale of a ride though if you had to make a choice.a warrior is a slow reving low rpm 17 hp sport machine and it handles like a cub cadet mower ..atleast the 400 has a decent chassis ,it turns jumps and handles 1000% better than a warrior

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
525 Posts
440ex's blow up left right and center. Leave em stock and maintain them. You can't build something fast for cheap And have reliability. Get a 450 or sell everything you got and buy a nice banshee

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would like a fast quad but they just cost to much for a 16 y/o to buy and mod. so i am really considering building a hybrid. if you had to say, what is the best hybrid combo to make, nicest to ride. because i ride a lot and for a long time at a time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
previous question....... please answer it

·
Registered
464 Posts
My Warrior was as tuff as nails!! I liked that about it.
I found parts for it to be insanely expensive, and performance goodies didn't offer much gain. (That's why I swapped out to a 2 stroke)
The original motor was heavy, and it handles like a shopping cart..
It took me 2 years of hard abuse to kill a 25 year old Yami 350 though.. lol

IMO the Warrior is the perfect platform for exotic motor swaps..
If your not into that, sell it, and buy something else..

·
Registered
227 Posts
Definitley sell the warroir ! Any 400 would be an upgrade from it lol. My cousin has an 00 warrior and it's a turd. I have a Z400 and REALLY like it. It's an all around good quad. (for being a 400) In my opinion top of it's class.
My advice sell the warroir and buy a Z400. Especially if you want to put a BBK on it. I hear 400ex's have some issues when you start putting big bore stuff on em.

·
Administrator
20,428 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Get rid of the warrior. 400ex or even a banshee, but banshees will cost a little more plus you get to buy 2 of everything when it comes time for a rebuild. Stock 400 ex's are pretty much bullet proof plus you won't have to run premix. Idk if that's an issue for you, but with the 400 ex you'll never not be able to ride cuz you don't have any premix oil. Z400's seem to be pretty reliable, but will most likely cost more to get one, but at least they are liquid cooled. I think the most important thing is to find something in your price range that has been well maintained no matter what you end up getting. I wouldn't sink ANY money into that warrior to try to make it faster!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Friends had both and I rode them myself. The warrior is just a pig. A jetted, piped, air filetered 400ex will be bullet proof. Very very reliable. I took my sister in law's 400ex across the mojave desert with zero problems. Conquered them steep razorback dunes on cheap paddles. Not a banshee by any means lol but it was a fun ride. Warriors are for the farm.
When everything smells like horse shit.........down here on the farm......but i`d rather be back in soho......then down here on the farm.......banshee or 250r like a new gf bra.....you`ll spend less $:Smoke::Smoke::Clap::Smoke::Smoke:

·
Administrator
20,428 Posts

·
Throwing Big Sand
1,095 Posts
Don't do it man.

Just get a 400 and ride it for a few years and then get something fast :thumbsup:

This here is the best advice you could take, That way your still riding instead of sitting on the side lines watching everyone else ride.

The 400ex isnt a rocket....... but pipe jetted and filter. It wont die.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts