Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the site my brother told me I could find lots of help on here. I would have tried the search option but it says my account does not have permissions. Tore it apart to find out that it had been run lean and I need to find some help on parts. 1 There is a sleeve in it, can it be bored? 2 The rod says pro series 7032 and its painted copper, stock? or stroked? 3 piston says 3064f any easy way to tell what size bore I have? 4 Where to buy a top end kit for this bike in southern cali? any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
Aftermarket sleeves are just like OEM's if there is enough material left yes you can bore it.
The rod is copper coated and it's aftermarket.
I doubt it's stroked but you can tell by looking for a spacer plate at the bottom or top of the cylinder.
Your gonna have to measure the bore or piston to see if you have any over bores left.
Best way to do that is buy a digital caliper.
Check Wiseco or Ebay for a piston kit.

·
Registered
703 Posts
You need to post up some pics so we can see your ride and whats going in inside your engine. You can check with RJ atv here on the site, he has a large selection of parts. Make sure the bottom end of the crank, bearings and seals are in good condition before you go putting a new top end on. Was it running good for awhile before it went lean? If so you may have a bad crank seal. Check your bore because I think the powervalve needs to be clearanced if the bore is (or your going to bore) 1mm over stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies. I took it to a small engine shop and he told me it was 50 over. He said it could go up to 80 but we could probably get away with 60 over. He will have a number for me on thursday. I got the bike not running so I have no idea if the bottom end is ok or not. Any idea on what to look for before putting the top end back on?

the piston head
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31285969&l=041e32361d&id=1528744780

not sure what this linkage is, its on the side of the jug and controls a valve in the exhaust port

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31285970&l=532ecc9979&id=1528744780

If theres a better way to post pics please let me know (im new to this)

·
Supporting Member
881 Posts
Tha He said it could go up to 80 but we could probably get away with 60 over. He will have a number for me on thursday.

If theres a better way to post pics please let me know (im new to this)

Make sure you can buy the piston in that size before you bore. Not always available in every size you think it will be.

Use photobucket for posting pics rather than facebook

Have fun with your project :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts