Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i buy a couple of banshee lower ends of this guy and send him a money order.. for the agreed price... i haven't heard from the idiot in 2 weeks... he's had the money for about 4 weeks.. last he told me he was trying go figure out how to ship them... really the guy must be lying... i've tried to contact him several times... i have the money order stub... i just have to grab it outta my file.. if i remember correctly i paid with a postal money order... any body know how i'd go about prosectuting this asshole..

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
last pm i got from this guy was 5/6/08 it said

i don't know how to ship these. any ideas on how to box them...

i replied with a few ideas and i never heard back...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am not positive on this:
I dont think you get much protection from USPS money orders. I think if it was lost you could get reimbursed, but if he cashed it already you might be SOL. But if he didnt cash it yet, maby it could become "lost".

Alot of credit card companies offer protection against this type of thing, so if you bought the money order with a credit card, maby you could go that route. But it could get tricky since you purchased a money order with it.

These stories make me like paypal even more, with their buyer protection.

·
Honey Badger
6,471 Posts
Its just sad that people can't keep to there word. You shouldn't have to worry about shit like this happening.

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
Not long ago a member had a prob with him. Soon as a thread was posted he logged on & resolved the situation.
He once sent me a free part! Hope he makes it right for you ***!!

. | . | .

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
damn! sorry to hear about whats going on bro.... that communication is un-exceptable! there is no reasone you should have to wait this long for your stuff! i have heard two other members that have complained about john mummie. i have also had a run in on the forum where he said he wanted to buy something, and then had no communication with the buyer. no money, no email, no nothin! then i got in touch with the seller to ask if the part was still available, and i purchased it myself! john was upset that i had "stolen" it from him. called me some names, and stayed upset for some time.... apparently the guy just doesnt know how to contact people during business transactions?
:angry5: dont think that just because you use paypal you are safe! i recently found out a way that people scam through paypal! you are never 100% safe!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
yea, thats right! he did make it right last time there was a problem!

·
DEY TUK ER JUBBS
3,224 Posts
if he has already cashed the money order and its been this long, you might as well forget about getting your money back.........this type deal has happened to me. the best I could do was fill out a form to get a photo copy of the money order and where he signed and cashed it at.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
What part of PA chris? i live in jersey and im about 35 minutes from philly... Why dont you come out to quad fest and the group of 25 of us can stop by, say hello.. and you can calmly *cough*resolve this issue*cough* cough * and either get your parts or money back... you would already be in PA...

there really has been alot of this shit happenning lately

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
well! allow him to defend himself first! haha... but.... there is a website that is used for reporting scams, bad deals, and people stealing on the internet... i have heard a number of times that they investigate ALL claims! the investigations are done by the FBI in conjuction with local law inforcement and other agancies. its realy serious stuff! but if you have no choice, and he doesnt make this right.... the link is below! nobody wants the FBI knocking on there door asking them why they stole money from someone on the internet! or even the local law inforcement! haha...

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

·
Banned
2,626 Posts
if i have to drive to PA i'll drive to PA...
come over and get me Ill ride with ya.... the e2s hit crew!

take him to small claims court.... you might be able to supena him to your local court then he might want to settle since gas would cost him more than the money you sent him... but Id make him come all the way over to court I wouldnt settle after he caused all this strife

·
Registered
337 Posts
weres he at in pa i will go get ur shit for you !!!! just lemme knwo were hes at im 6'4 250 lbs and im italian and a boxer :violent4:he wont like me at all !!:angry5:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts

Where does he live in Pa Chris. Ill stop by with some of my large friends and my large self if you would like lol.

Go to the post office and ask. I've heard that if you use a postal money order, they can be charged with mail fraude

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I looked up his zip code. He's from Hazleton.

Chris, post his addy. I could stop by tomorrow on my way home from Vermont. lol

1 - 20 of 81 Posts