Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of how to hook up a Jannsen Racing super coil? I can't figure it our from their written directions. THanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
It doesn't just swap out with the Factory one and plug in?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hmm, I just ordered one last night. Should be here tomorrow or the next day.

When I get it, I'll take a look and see what I think can be done, and post here, if no one else chimes in with a remedy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
K, I just got the coil today. It was pretty straightforward with the install.

I replaced the switch on the bars, cdi, coil and wiring harness and took me about 30mins to do it all.

What part were you having trouble with on the coil?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help here. I am pretty new to all this stuff. Anyway, I only replaced the coil. I took the old one off and cut off the 2 flat connectors at the end of the yellow and green wires. I don't know where to hook up the green and yellow wires, and where to mount that grounding cable. I think if I saw a pic of it I could figure it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
There are 2 connectors and a nut & bolt that came with the coil (they should be attached to it) you gotta crimp on the pointy looking connector to the Black/Yellow Stripe wire & crimp the "lobster claw" looking connector to the green wire.

The Black/Yellow wire then plugs into the Red wire on the Coil and the Green wire bolts to the stud on the end of the Coil.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot, I think I just had it backwards. I will try that when I head over to where I store that thing. Could you tell a big difference with the janssen coil from the old one?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I honestly didn't even ride it yet. I got it all done, kicked it over to make sure it started, let it idle down, revved it a few times, shut it down and put it away after I saw everything was all good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got done putting mine on. I made a couple of sleeves to run the bolts through then tapped the frame and bolted it down (cross bar underneath fuel tank) very clean install that way, better than the ol zip tie I haven't had a chance to run it yet. I added the dynatek cdi also so it will be interesting to see the difference.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I still didn't ride mine yet either, but I did start it the other day, and damn it revs ALOT quicker.

Do you have a voltage regulator on yours 250r4sand?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well it says in the directions for the Dyna to unplug the Regulator, but it never says anything about plugging it back in, but in the first couple lines of the directions it also says it MUST be used with the Regulator, so I'm a little confused.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of how to hook up a Jannsen Racing super coil? I can't figure it our from their written directions. THanks!
Well...I'm new to Everything 2Stroke...just my 2 cents...a coil is about the simplest item on a bike to hook up...you have a positive wire and the mounting brace...the brace is the Negative (-) side of the coil, and the wire is the Positive (+) side...then you have your Sparkplug wire which obviously goes to the "sparkenpluggen"..🤣, simple...my response is probably very late since I just joined, so I hope yours got hooked up correctly and she's banging some serious "sparkken"!!...😃

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys, while we're on this Janssen coil topic, how much are they, someone is selling a "new" one for $100 plus $8 shipping and was wondering if that price is decent, a good deal or just retail..
Thanks gents!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts