Everything2Stroke Forum banner

I think I have found a home

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  370banshee 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
New Member here.
Just found this web site today and think I have found a new home to talk 2 stroke and share my passion for instant speed.
Look forward to talking to you.

LONG LIVE 2 STROKES

Shade

#4 ·
yeha welcome. you can make fun of 4 jokes all the time here. and nobody is gonna cry or pm jason to bitch about you either. oh yeah while we are on the subject of whatyou can and can't say. pretty much anything goes except if you gonna say f*ck or f@g or h0m0 you gotta spell them like that or kinda modify them in some way other than taht bash on 4 strokes as long as you want. oh yeah we also have a great tech guy scott he owns his own shop that build national professioal race quads.

#5 ·
Thanks Guys,
I have always been a two stroke fan, I use to race kawasaki Tecate's back in the late 80's, three wheelers. Had a couple of 84 models that would make a tear run down your face they were so sweet. That was a long time ago.
So here I am today...... Banshee you might get your wish, I just bought a cheep little digital camera so I can post pictures. I have just about made my mind up that I am going to ride all I can this summer and when winter comes rolling around I am gonna take and strip my 250R down to the frame and do a complete restore, I will document all the progress. In fact I will take and post some pictures this coming weekend to give you guys some ideas of what I'm smoking 4 strokes on a steady basis with now.
Till next time
Chris

#6 ·
Ah Tecate 3's, aren't they right up there with banshees, 250r's, and quadzillas on everybody's lists? I rode an 87 for 2 years that's being redone right now. Even with bald tires the front end of that thing wouldn't stay down once powerband hit!

If you got any pics of your tecate racing days scan them in. I'd love to see some.

#8 ·
You guys got me thinking about pictures now, I dug through my storage building last night in some boxes that had been put away for many, many, years. I didn't really remember having alot of racing pictures but can remember taking a few.
I found one that I will try to scan today of me when I was about 18 years old sometime around 1987 or so the day I rolled out one of my Tecates after alot of time in the shop. I think I was in my parents back yard.
GOD, I would give anything to have that bike back again in the condition it was that day. Do any of you remember in 1984 not all Tecate's were green, you could get them in red with blue seats that had the word Tecate down the side.
That is what this one is.
What's even funnier is that I was about 17 or 18 years old with that 80's haircut and about 70 pounds lighter than I am now.
I will do my best to get it posted today.

#11 ·
1984 Tecate

This was one of my 1984 Tecate's. This picture was taken somewhere around 1987.
I was about 18 years old. I remember that day, just rolled it off the trailer from the shop.
I was 18,
Pocket full of money,
Still living at home with parents,
no wife,
a kick ass trike,
racing or at least riding every weekend,
a cool 80's haircut,
and about 70 pounds lighter than I am now,
DAMN!!!!!! LIFE WAS GOOD!!!!!!!

Been trying to take some pictures of my 250R for a couple of days now but the rain is keeping me from taking my digital camera out. Suppose to clear up this weekend So I will try to get some shots to post when I get back from a business trip I will be on next week.
Till next time....
Long Live 2 Strokes
Chris :cool:

#17 ·
Man sweet ride i was born in 89 so i dont know much except for vice city lol but yea trikes are sweet. this is kind of like a reminising of the old days when trikes ruled. hmmmmm sounds like fun.

#18 ·
I am excited that we have another 250r owner in here. I was beginning to feel a bit lonely. O yea...this is my 100 post !!!!!!! (fireworks, and confettie everywhere) Welcome aboard!

#20 ·
I will check it out....
Thanks guys...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.