Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have used this method for a long while now and found this works very well to safe gaurd your expensive engine during transit:

get an appropriate sized plastic tote at walmart slightly bigger than your engine ..get yourself some Great stuff expanding foam and some large zipties ,drain the engine of fluids and put a hefty garbage bag over it and tie it tightly so its entirely sealed inside the bag (you can even double bag it for good measure)next spray some foam about 2-3 inches thick all on bottom of the tote now wait 15-20 minutes for it to start to rise and harden ,then set the bagged motor down onto the foam bedding in center with a couple inches all around sides of dead space ,now just spray fill all around and on top of the bag like a wild man ,totally engulf it in expanding foam ,it will adhere to the plastic walls and encapsulate the engine in a 4 inch thick insulated egg ..now snap the lid on tight drill out holes around it and run a dozen or so heavy duty zipties through the lid and the bin and your set .now you can drop it off a 3 story house roof and the motor will be fine and all for about 10 bucks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Throwing Big Sand
1,095 Posts
That is one great idea Flotek! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
450 Posts
good idea,
but if you want to save a couple bucks on the tote stop by a garage door company and see if they have any garage door opener boxes, the LiftMaster brand comes shipped in a very heavy double walled box with grab handle holes on the ends.

I have shipped probably 10 250r&cr500 motors this way with no problems.

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
i done exactly that when i sent my motor to TDR.

wouldnt you know i got a phone call from them fussing about the mess, i asked was anything broken, they said no. i guess it worked.lol.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The last two motors Ive had to ship out I used a igloo cube cooler,and just stuffed with packing peanuts around bagged motot.It works great with wheels and a pop up handle.I box taped the heck out of the lid and wheeled it into fed ex like I owned the joint.:Thumbsup2:

·
Live to Ride-Ride to Live
3,139 Posts
The last two motors Ive had to ship out I used a igloo cube cooler,and just stuffed with packing peanuts around bagged motot.It works great with wheels and a pop up handle.I box taped the heck out of the lid and wheeled it into fed ex like I owned the joint.:Thumbsup2:
Thats actually a really good idea!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
sounds good ,only problem is igloo coolers arent very cheap
I got it for $22 at walmart.And I requested it be shipped back the same way.Its racking up some fequent flyer miles.Im a newbie here and have just noticed some of your work floteck,if you'll work on an older ktm 440 I might have to use the cube this winter.

·
Old School but still Cool
2,843 Posts
A grapefruit crate works pretty good too and you can bag it and peanut the liner of the box also. I was surprised how well that crate held up to shipping.

·
Supporting Member
96 Posts
Awesome ideas all the way around. I've got a partially parted out motor from my Husaberg that I wanted to put up on ebay but didn't know a good way to ship the motor... Problem Solved!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
A cooler is a great idea. lol. Ive always used totes and packed them tight with newspaper and taped it up tight with duct tape. The cooler idea is nice though because it would be a heck of alot easier to handle. Good piece of info man.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts