Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey guys I found a place where I can ship my motor out and they do everything making it a 265cc I'll put link here: Forward Motion - High Performance Dirt Bikes for $400 I think its a great deal for what they do. I could also put a 144 in my yz125 for $550 and still be just
under a grand/$1,000 and then I would just need to re jet my carbs. So tell me what you think on that.

·
Registered
695 Posts
first thing you need to do is to determine what type of riding you'll be doing the most of and build the quad around that, including the engine. you mention that you have 310 cylinders laying around....... any markings on any of them that who/where they came from/ported? ultimately, the 310's would be the way to go but if the existing porting on them is not suited for said riding style then it would be pointless. as mentioned, the OEM cylinder can be made to put out a respectable HP number if all is matched up accordingly.... i/e porting, carb, exhaust, reed cage and carb.

·
Crank 2 Crank
700 Posts
Paul Turner Mid Pipe
Fat boy 2 silencer
Mild Head Porting
Fresh Wiseco Piston (bore or hone cylinder depending on condition)
PWK 38mm Airstriker carb
Larger airbox, or airbox mod
And back it all with a hinson clutch basket to ensure you don't grenade the clutch. This is a tried and true high reliability affordable horsepower package that will tickle your fancy and leave you smiling. Enjoy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks me and my dad plan on sending out our engines to Eric Gorr. I've heard lots of great stuff about him and he does a great job for a great price.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts