Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a programmable CDI, and like many aftermarket CDI's it offers two different timing curves that can be used at will by flipping a handlebar switch.

I have been trying to decide how to set the two curves to make the best use of the handlebar (might put it under the tank or in place of the low oil light on to console) switch and dual curve feature.

Hide the switch and set a much tamer curve incase the kids or "buddy" wants to ride it.
One for cool reliable cruising , and one for absolute peak power.
One for slippery conditions that comes on smoother , and one for fun that kicks like a mule?

I am sure some of you have had the opportunity to use this feature, so I wanna know how did you use the curves, and did you actually use it.

Thanks in advance
Deebee

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was running pump gas on the stock CDI with the stator retarded 3-4 degrees below stock.
Tuning for fuel type Sounds like a good idea, especially with an adjustable power jet. Should make going from pump gas or 50/50 to race fuel a snap.
Going to have fun getting everything tuned, the Reed cage/ reeds, pipe, silencer , and cdi have all been upgraded since I last dialed her in.
Think I better get my jetting right with about the same timing I had then tune for spark advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts