Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anyone here owned or worked on a Honda LS125R?

I done a fair amount of googling and found very little information,

I would like to do some performance modifications and not really sure which i should start with. Should I:
  • Crank stuff - A little?
  • Compression increase - run avgas 100octane?
  • increase the carb size - current - 32/34mm(not sure)?
  • Aftermarket exhaust system?
  • Deck the pistons around the ports to increase port opening time?
  • Port & polish? port-oversizing?

My bike is currently 100% stock and tops out at around 155km/h - I'm sure I can get some more ponies out of her.

I'm based in Cape Town South Africa - Any other South African's on E2S?

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated :) oh and BTW I'm Gregg

Attached you will see my RIDE :)

Thanks

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,500 Posts
Welcome sinister: Sounds like you need to spend a little time in the 2stroke study department.

If you get on eBay you can find a copy for around $20 US. I’ve read this book many times, it’s about the best 2stroke opener that you can read. After you spend some time reading you will learn some & know what questions to ask.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Welcome to E2S Gregg. Do you ride this on the street or is this just a track only bike? If you ride on the street an aftermarket exhaust and cylinder porting would be my first mods. Raising the compression high enough to need race gas would help build power in the lower part of the rpm's but it may get old paying the high price at the pump on a road bike. If it's a track only bike I would modify it as much as your race class will allow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome sinister: Sounds like you need to spend a little time in the 2stroke study department.

If you get on eBay you can find a copy for around $20 US. I’ve read this book many times, it’s about the best 2stroke opener that you can read. After you spend some time reading you will learn some & know what questions to ask.
:thumbsup:
Thanks John - I actually have this book in a PDF format - but the best bet would be if someone already has modifications to a LS125R or a NS125R.

I have some great ideas from Sir Graham Bell - but not sure if the results will be worth the cash spent.

Currently its a Road bike I use it to commute on a daily basis - it just lakes the hardcore pull - its quick, dont get me wrong - its just I'd like it quicker. It weighs in at 90Kg's dry... one of the lightest 125's manufactured - so it already has that going for it.

Could anyone clarify if crankcase/bottom end stuffing actually works? I understand the concept - but not sure as to how much additional power you get.

Anyways - Thanks for the warm welcome :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts