Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I won't get into a "which one is better argument" but I will say that the 250R would most likely not been near as good without the Kawasaki Tecate! In the early years Kawasaki was the only one that manufactured an atv that was competetive to the 250R threewheeler. Competition improves the breed. IMO Honda stopped making the 250R because they were the ones hit the hardest by the lawsuits and the sales of utility machines were really taking off. They went where the money was and dropped the less profitable models. Suzuki sold the quadracers for a few more years until they stopped production. It's a shame it all went down that way. If the other three had not dropped their high performance quads Yamaha would not have been able to get away with selling the same unimproved Banshee for so many years. If the big four had continued to battle for the top spot in the high performance market we all would have been able to enjoy some awesome 2 stroke quads!
I don`t agree , honda created the sport , more money in utility machines ? I don`t think so ! Now , suscuki did make the first quads , but there motors could not compete very long with the other two ! They all were afraid to be sued , only yamaha had the balls to continue , i`m glad they did !:Dope::Dope::Dope:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I agree that Honda did create the sport. In the late eighties if you went to most dealerships in the country other than southern california utility models out numbered high performance models 4 to 1. That is because thats what most of the buying public wanted at that time. I think it sucks too but the general public just doesn't have the same passion as two stroke owners do for a light, simple, fast high performance quad. The new breed of 4 strokes are fast but they are far from simple and cost alot of money to improve their performance. The general perception is that 2 strokes are unreliable and hard to maintain. I agree with you that Yamaha had some big balls to continue producing the banshee as long as they did!

·
Registered
217 Posts
You know what ? After thinking about it , you`re right , most of the country was farmin or hunting rather then trying to go fast or dune riding ! I couldn`t get away from what the magazine said about 3 wheelers flyin out of dealerships in sd ! I`ve often said that my 3 wheeler was good for nothing but dune riding and if i didn`t have glamis i probably wouldn`t own one ! I also agree about the 4- stroke quads , what a bill of good shoved down our throats by the epa !!:Dope::Dope::thumbsdown::Dope::Dope:

·
Super Moderator
3,874 Posts
The 250R set the bar as far as making a quad. I never once mentioned about any kind of racing.:violent4:
And I think the proof is in all the titles that it has won over the years.

I just don't get your attitude.............???:Lame:
Who seems to have the attitude........??? :Lame:

Lol not trying to be an ass here. I just think senator was stating his opinion in his post and maybe you're a little emotionally involved in this thread lmao.

·
I just wanna ride!!
5,668 Posts
Just for the record I think Banshees have the best geometry....

Bahahahahahahahahahaha!! Seriously though opinions are like assholes. We all have em and sometimes they all stink lol.
Thats very true...........on another note, you should try to come to Busco this year.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Who seems to have the attitude........??? :Lame:

Lol not trying to be an ass here. I just think senator was stating his opinion in his post and maybe you're a little emotionally involved in this thread lmao.
I don`t know , i`ve been emotionally involved with palmala handerson ever since i got married but that doesn`t change my opinion of team green ! Come on senator , LETS TALK POLITICS !!!!:Smoke::Smoke::Smoke::Smoke::Smoke:

·
Supporting Member
881 Posts
Alright Glamy. I actually owe sincere thanks to all the people who continue to spread propaganda that the 250R is the only choice in its class for serious riders. Due in large part to the hard work and dedication of all these folks steering all newcomers to the Honda, I have been afforded the opportunity to secure many of the notorious and inferior Tecates for pennies on the dollar. Non of this would have been made possible without the 250R propaganda machine keeping Tecate prices low and my family sincerely thanks each and every one of you for making this dream a reality. Please continue to spread the word!

·
Registered
217 Posts
See , that wasn`t so hard ! Group hugg senator !!!:Clap::Clap:And now i give you ........ the next president of the united snakes !

·
Supporting Member
881 Posts
See , that wasn`t so hard ! Group hugg senator !!!:Clap::Clap:And now i give you ........ the next president of the united snakes !
Love It! I've always thought Palin was a good looker, even without the photoshop onto younger, sleeker bodies :Cheers:

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
One things for sure, for how much Mr. Honda hated two strokes he sure didn't mind winning races with them. I wonder how a 250 Yamaha two stroke quad would have competed.

·
Supporting Member
881 Posts
One things for sure, for how much Mr. Honda hated two strokes he sure didn't mind winning races with them. I wonder how a 250 Yamaha two stroke quad would have competed.

A Yamaha 250 2 stroke probably would have done just fine competing with the other 250s on the track. Although I imagine it would have cannibalized quite a few sales from the Blaster and Banshee, of which both have obviously done tremendous sales volume despite not having a "class" of their own.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Seeing how successfull the banshee was , i wish honda or kawasaki had made a 350 twin or made a counter balanced single 350 to compete against it !:Thumbsup2::Smoke::Thumbsup2::Smoke:

21 - 40 of 44 Posts