Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - been around, but first post. I would like some help.

Through all gears of my 86 LT250R I am getting a loss of power right before I go to the next gear. Almost a sputter. Where should I start.

I just installed a new piston and had the cylinder honed. This is about the third ride and it has been running great. I am going to drain the tank b/c I have been running 40:1 for break in and start with the carb...

Thanks
CM99

·
Registered
733 Posts
is it running out of RPM's?

Why drain out 40:1?

Usually people run a richer mix during break in (like 32:1 or 24:1)

·
point thief
2,006 Posts
some people run richer for breaking, but the majority dont that i know, does it act like your running out of rpms or something when your meaning its a sputter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not running out - it used to wind way up. Now if say you put in neutral and just hit the throttle it seems find then sputters is the best way I can put it.

·
point thief
2,006 Posts
yea could be a fouled plug, or maybe too rich jetting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys my 92 lt 250r is doing what tecateboy said seems as though it is not winding out of rpms not winding out as it should. I was thinking powervalve adjust or advance timing? Maybe Cdi or coil. Any input would be helpful thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Props for using the search function bud! I'm new to this forum as well, I feel like my 87 isn't quite winding out either. From what I've read it could be the powervalve, but I'm going to change the plug first, start with the simple things :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts