Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my clutch pack on my 2003 cr250 and everything was fine before (other than worn friction plates) and when i put it back together there was no tension on the clutch lever and it just flops around.
Does anyone know what i did wrong??

·
Super Moderator
6,688 Posts
sounds like the plates may be wrong did you mic em? did you loose the ball bearing that is inside the clutch input shaft did you adjust the tension adjuster at the center of the pressure plate?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not know there was an adjuster and yes the plates are the same.. I am not sure where there is a ball bearing either.. there is a long rod down through the center that the clutch lever pushes against to loosen the pressure on the clutch or activate the pressure plate rather but that's all I really see, is the adjustment behind the clutch basket? should I pull that and look?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah the ball goes between the long rod hooked to your pressure plate, and the rod coming off the actuator lever, even if you could adjust it enough to release without the ball, it would melt the ends of the rods quickly .

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 2003 CR250 only has one long rod that goes between the actuator and the clutch lifter. It doesn't have a ball in the assembly and there's no adjustment other than the cable receiver on the clutch lever. The actuator (on the stator side) has a detent in it that accepts the rod. My best guess (if you didn't disassemble the clutch baskets) is that the rod isn't installed in the actuator correctly. Take the small cover off of the clutch side. Remove the bolts and springs that hold the pressure plate on. Remove the cover on the left side of the engine to gain access to the actuator. While holding one hand on the pressure plate, move the actuator up and down until you can see it pushing the pressure plate in and out. Once you see this happening, install the springs and bolts and you should be good. You can test when you've finished by grabbing the actuator with a set of needle nose and lifting up. The pressure plate should move open. Good luck boss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts