Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day my fellow blaster enthusiasts. I need some advice on my 02 yamaha blaster. I picked the atv up last month. While riding the atv at about quarter to half throttle, the bike sounds like it stutters or misfires and generally sound rough, is this normal for it to sound like this or not, and what could be the problem with it that causes this. If I push the throttle in it sounds normal to me, only sounds rough when riding slow. It has a new magneto and stator. Checked the reeds and is still good. There are no mods on the bike. I checked the carb, cleaned it and checked everything. The jetting is all stock except for the needle clip which I lowered to try to see if it would sound better as I thought it was running lean in mid range. Help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good day my fellow blaster enthusiasts. I need some advice on my 02 yamaha blaster. I picked the atv up last month. While riding the atv at about quarter to half throttle, the bike sounds like it stutters or misfires and generally sound rough, is this normal for it to sound like this or not, and what could be the problem with it that causes this. If I push the throttle in it sounds normal to me, only sounds rough when riding slow. It has a new magneto and stator. Checked the reeds and is still good. There are no mods on the bike. I checked the carb, cleaned it and checked everything. The jetting is all stock except for the needle clip which I lowered to try to see if it would sound better as I thought it was running lean in mid range. Help would be appreciated.
I’m leaning towards your clip position. The symptoms you’re describing are right in line with the needle and how it relates to the throttle curve. From 1/4-3/4 throttle is exclusively needle (taper, clip position, etc.). I assume you have a 5 position needle, and I would put it dead in the middle at the third position. For what it’s worth as well, anytime you’re adjusting your carb try to do it in order of precedence. Air mixture screw, pilot jet, clip position, main jet.If any one of those is changed out of order, you’ll have to start over from the bottom as they are all interdependent. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts