Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new on here. I have two 87 tecate 4s which I have listed on here to sell one. I was riding yesterday and one started acting like it was flooding out. So I readjusted the carb and that didn't work. Here is what I've tried so far: check 2 make sure its getting fire, changed reeds, tried putting stock carb back on, and I even tried jumping it off. Nothing happens. It just sputters and goes dead again. It ran fine the day b4 and I don't understand what is wrong. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks

·
I just wanna ride!!
5,668 Posts
Hey everyone I'm new on here. I have two 87 tecate 4s which I have listed on here to sell one. I was riding yesterday and one started acting like it was flooding out. So I readjusted the carb and that didn't work. Here is what I've tried so far: check 2 make sure its getting fire, changed reeds, tried putting stock carb back on, and I even tried jumping it off. Nothing happens. It just sputters and goes dead again. It ran fine the day b4 and I don't understand what is wrong. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks
Have you tried checking the compression??

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Almost sounds like the woodruf key broke under the flywheel.

And throw that stock carb in the trash.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Compression is a lil over 150, no air leaks, I still need to check the flywheel though. The stock bored carb seems to run stronger than the aftermarket flat carb though. The one that is acting up had the flat carb on it. I will check the flywheel over the weekend. Thanks guys. Hey I have one for sale on here. I'm asking 2500 obo. What price does an tecate4 usually go for in good condition?

·
Registered
229 Posts
my lt sounds like it did the same thing and all i did is changed the stator and it worked great after so maybe i would try that

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It won't let me upload pics from cell. Go to classifieds on here and look at my ad. Its titled two tecate 4's. I will get better pics when I get back home from the holidays. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Senator I like that stator comment. This is the second one I replaced. This new one they say is a better type

1 - 15 of 15 Posts