Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
$450 for a single cylinder is way too much!!
I'd check with Flotek, I'm sure he can map out some portwork at a better price.
He decked out my Banshee head, very reasonable price!

. | . | .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
450 includes the full port and clyender and head mods , just the head mod and cylender mod is 150

·
Registered
92 Posts
heat wrap = rust and pipes cracking, maybe not all the time but in lots of cases ive seen heat wrap does more damage than good.
if heat wrap is going to change the harmonics you would think ceramic would aswell.

·
Supporting Member
845 Posts
heat wrap = rust and pipes cracking, maybe not all the time but in lots of cases ive seen heat wrap does more damage than good.
This is very true. It is not ideal for you to put it on and leave it. It is more of a application than a permanent mod. I only used it as a temp heat shield to keep hot air from getting sucked back into the motor when riding in tight woods. I also would never wrap the chamber. Even more on 4 strokes. Headers are made to expand and flex. I would only use it after bends in the pipes.

I have cracked a silencer at the joint. A combination of vibration, heat, and inability to flex will crack a pipe in a second.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
if heat wrap is going to change the harmonics you would think ceramic would aswell.
ceramics do the same and it has more of an effect..... climb isnt urs coated was the effect really bad if not the heat wrap will be less of an effect cuz its on the out side...ceramics will hold more heat in...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts