Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have always had the same Make/Model of pipes and silencers on my bikes. So I am at a loss if this will be an issue or not.

Just picked up a 2006 Banshee SE. Has Toomey T5 Pipes but has FMF TDS (FMF Turbine Core Silencer) the silencers say FMF TDS-0 but can only find a reference for TDS-2+, I guess the question is will this mix match effect performance? Jetting, Carb Sync, throttle response?

Motor and Carbs are Stock so no upgrades etc to worry about.

I'm guessing no but have never had a set up like this.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey buddy, as long as the fitment between the headers and silencers are solid without leaks in between I'm sure that you'll be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey buddy, as long as the fitment between the headers and silencers are solid without leaks in between I'm sure that you'll be fine.
Its actually a little loose, not sure why clamps are good etc, but think there may be a missing bolt on somewhere. you should come out to the house and help me look at it after this HELL week is over.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I might have to, Over the gap in the pipes there should be rubber seals that are either wired or hose clamped together. I would recommend wiring them so your not trapping heat to that rubber, less chance of melting it. I saw some really NICE CPI pipes on CL for about $400

1 - 4 of 4 Posts